Do you have everything done?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 06:19 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you all ready for the holidays? Wrapping done? I am totally NOT ready. Almost, but not all the way.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 16th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haven't shopped at all. But we did all our gift baking and plan to deliver today. Had to wait til payday to shop, so we are planning on going out on Sunday and do it all in one fell swoop. Then I wrap while watching tv at night with warnings to kids if they come out, I will take their thing back. They know I save receipts!
December 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I am nowhere near done. At all. Not even close. And we have our first holiday exchange this weekend.

December 16th, 2009, 07:42 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad I am not the only one!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yep, almost done, a few lil things to wrap, and one thing to re-wrap (thanks Marquay). We are having a Christmas baking/cookie decorating party with my mom on Sunday, we are going to watch some Christmas movies too.

I'll be glad when it's all over...I mean the holidays.

I am trying to decide if I should just have Marquay's bday on Christmas. His bday is the 27th, ughhh...I don't know.
#12 is on the way
December 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, you should have it in July. I knew someone who did this and I thought it was brilliant! If I have a December baby, I promise I will be doing this. How old? If he is young enough to put it off, do it! If he is old enough to understand, do it! If he is in the middle, go ahead and have it now, but switch next year.
December 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am done! The last two days have been a whirlwind for me. My last day of student teaching was on Monday, and the kids' last day of daycare is today. Now that I've graduated from college I'm going to be a sahm for the foreseeable future. Anyway, that left me with two days to get everything done kid free. The presents are all bought, wrapped, and the Christmas cards and family gifts are shipped. I also got Christmas/Goodbye presents for the kids' teachers (all nine of them) and goody bags and a special snack for their schoolmates (50 of them, lol.) We also saw Santa last night and the kids were oh so cute! This lady from the newspaper took a bunch of pictures of them so maybe they'll be in there. They of course asked for things I didn't have...Matt wants a purple flashlight and Beth wants a cuddly unicorn baby that talks and sucks a binky. I went and got them too, lol. I couldn't even believe that unicorn toy existed, but it sure did!

Now I am done and I am broke! I'll probably need a grocery trip before Christmas, but that is IT.

Oh and I'm going to be homeschooling the kids for preschool (really K work for Beth) so I have also been getting all that in order for them. They loved their school, so we will be continuing on with some of those activities here at home.
December 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have most of my shopping done, I have been trying to wrap presents at night but not getting as much done as I would like. I am still waiting on five packages to get here too.

December 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm completely done...just waiting on christmas itself!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

December 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope -- not even close! I don't even have the tree up yet. I have gotten alot of the shopping finished, so it's not all bad.

UrbanMomma, Izzy's first b-day is the 22nd and I have been worried about how to do her b-day this year too! Fortunately (or unfortunately-depends on how you look at it) her brother's b-day is Jan 7th so we are going to do one big party in Jan.

We have also been considering doing their b-days at a half year instead of on their actual bday dates like farmerswife suggested. It's just soo hard trying to make it all work out at the end of the year like this. I think at their party this Jan I will announce that we will celebrate Izzy and Luke's bday's on June 22nd and July 7th next year.
December 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Born2BeAmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh this post made me feel better. Phew lol I'm not done.. I'm much closer after yesterday though. Our finances have been really rough this year so we had to wait until the last minute. I told him... no way will I wait until the last minute next year... Not with the way the weather is here and the fact we live in the country lol In Houston we didn't have to worry about winter storms lol

Kristy: mom to 5 beautiful daughters with daughter #6 on the way and the author of the Ice Moon Series www.icemoonseries.com
www.kristyquinn.net

I Blog http://happyhomemakingwithkristy.blogspot.com/
http://raisinggodlydaughters-kristy.blogspot.com/

December 16th, 2009, 03:00 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I am no where near done really. I have nearly all the gifts, just need to get one more of the StreetZ kit for the 11 yr old (a big one) and perhaps 1 more DS game for the boys to share plus DS kits for 2 of the boys.

I was thinking about walmart gift cards for the 2 teens along with what they already have, but I'm undecided really. My daughter may enjoy that as it means she can shop for herself, but my son likely wouldn't care for it as he's not a shopper.

Any one with any ideas for a 15 yr old boy???
He already has a tv & computer (they are SO's that he had before we were together and since it meant we had 3 tvs and enough computer stuff to build 4 computers, we have let him have use of that stuff), plus he has a DS that he doesn't play a whole lot and this year he wanted an exercise bike - but what else??
He has 2 smaller dumbbells for arm work so maybe something exercise related??

Teens are tough to buy for!

Also I still need to get the fixins' for Christmas dinner and nothing is wrapped.. ugh I need a nap already lol

December 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Momtothe5th and FW, Marquay will be one (too), and his oldest bro (Isaac) will be 15 on Jan 6th. I thought about doing Marquay's bday with Isaac's BUT not sure about them sharing a day. I guess it would be okay, I do have two bdays in Febby, the 3rd and the 5th, and they share a day.
July, thats an idea.

KrazE, my oldest is (almost) 15. I give my two oldest sons money. The 15 year old is into the military, Airsoft, dogs (he wants one baaaaad!! LOL), exercise, music (he loves his ipod) and clothes. The 13 year old is into basketball, clothes, and music (girls don't count...LOL). They both want a wii, but I can't afford it for Christmas. I told them later, for my absolute favorite holiday...Tax Return Day!!! LOL.
#12 is on the way
December 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Veteran
Everything done?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahh hahahahha
HAHAHAHH

Ohh *Holding my side w/Tears in my eyes!"

-----Oh, were you serious?------

Signed,
Mrs. Procrastination
December 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
no I'm not done a lot has been going on this year I have on more shopping day to do and then my sis and my sil help me wrap all of the gifts at my fil while either dh or his mom watch the kiddos at my house

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

December 18th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Hmm.. well I tried to finish shopping today and ran out of $, I almost remember why we had charge cards (but then I remember how badly THAT turned out)... Thankfully (?) we're getting a winter storm and probably can't exchange Sunday.

December 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
mrsarbogast's Avatar MBKELs Mommy
Nope. Have most of the shopping done and need to finish on Tuesday (payday). I have ZERO wrapping done. Everything, including the paper, is snowed in in the van.

December 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still have a few more things to buy. We are major procrastinators but I did buy a few things early. I still need to get wrapping paper and wrap everything up.
December 20th, 2009, 02:21 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im almost done. I do have to wrap and then get a few stocking stuffers.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
December 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
frugality=reality
NO WAY am I done. Not even close. I am usually done shopping and wrapping by now and just waiting for the day... not this year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search