Family updates

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What has been going on with your family? Post a quick update to let us know how you all are!! Lurkers too!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 6th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Nothing too interesting here.
DH now only has to drive 45 minutes to work instead of an hour so he's happy this week
Sapphire has been much better since the contracts and we've been having a good time together
Sebastian is stir crazy. That boy needs to go run around outside somewhere but it is too darn cold!
Esme is wearing the fairy costume she got for Christmas for the 75th straight hour or so (she wears it over clothes so it's not as bad as it sounds. The under clothes DO get changed, and the body gets washed)
Clara is just getting over a stomach bug and has the worst smelling diarrhea ever. Ever. It's like you took a dirty diaper, coated it in sour milk, and then left it in the sun for a week. I actually prefer being puked on.
I went to dance class last night and am sore. SO GLAD I went but now can't get the right leg over the baby gates as easily as usual. Oh and the song we dance to is for teenagers and I feel like a fool dancing to lines like "boys blowin' up my phone" Hahahahahahahahahha

January 6th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What's going on with us is that my kids are driving me completely up the wall. They have been in daycare for three years, but are home full-time with me as of December. I was really looking forward to it, but it's been kind of a pain so far. It's freezing, I'm exhausted, I don't have any friends home during the day, there's nowhere to go. Whine, whine, whine.

We did get a new kitten on Christmas Eve and he is very cute. Is it sad that I'm enjoying him more than the kids this week?

We have a two weeks trip planned to NC at the end of the month so I am just counting the days to that. I could really use the change of scenery, some time with family, and hopefully some warmer weather. I also scheduled my daughters' birthday party for while we are there - they will be turning 5 and 2.

When we get back in February we should be getting our orders and finding out where we are moving this summer!
January 6th, 2010, 06:53 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Isaac has decided school is unimportant and useless so therefore he is failing 4 out of 6 classes. I told him he improves the grades dramatically or he quits Young Marines. So the school work has improved and hes in tutoring.

Aaron is playing on two different teams for basketball. One for school and one is a pay for play league.

We got a dog, a lab mix, she is 8 weeks old and I am having boatloads of fun trying to housetrain her. I am not a dog person at all. At least the kids are trying to help out. My oldest dd LOVES dogs so she is helpful.

Ohhh...the kids went back to school Monday and their school has no heat, so they have been home yesterday and today. Such fun!!

The baby had his bday. He is one. Still not walking, but he is trying, he's let go a few times.

Thats about it. The kids still don't know about the new baby, hmmmm...when to tell them.
#12 is on the way
January 6th, 2010, 07:06 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Considering that I only had Dec 24th, 25th & Jan 1 off for the holidays and SO had Dec 25th & Jan 1, not much has changed. I'm still up at 5:30, busy in the mornings with the kids, at work for 6:30 etc etc etc

I need a vacation

January 6th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
What's going on with us is that my kids are driving me completely up the wall. They have been in daycare for three years, but are home full-time with me as of December. I was really looking forward to it, but it's been kind of a pain so far. It's freezing, I'm exhausted, I don't have any friends home during the day, there's nowhere to go. Whine, whine, whine.

We did get a new kitten on Christmas Eve and he is very cute. Is it sad that I'm enjoying him more than the kids this week?

We have a two weeks trip planned to NC at the end of the month so I am just counting the days to that. I could really use the change of scenery, some time with family, and hopefully some warmer weather. I also scheduled my daughters' birthday party for while we are there - they will be turning 5 and 2.

When we get back in February we should be getting our orders and finding out where we are moving this summer!
We have a rule of thumb in the homeschool world that says for every year of school (or daycare) they have been in, give them a full month at home to decompress, get used to being together, with you all the time. So, you need to just chill out and adjust for 3 months. It will get better. Look into things other SAHMs do during the day: library story times, park days, mom's groups. It is a great way to meet other moms home with kids. And they might need you to encourage them about having more kids. I have had so many younger moms tell me how great it is to see my family places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Isaac has decided school is unimportant and useless so therefore he is failing 4 out of 6 classes. I told him he improves the grades dramatically or he quits Young Marines. So the school work has improved and hes in tutoring.

Aaron is playing on two different teams for basketball. One for school and one is a pay for play league.

We got a dog, a lab mix, she is 8 weeks old and I am having boatloads of fun trying to housetrain her. I am not a dog person at all. At least the kids are trying to help out. My oldest dd LOVES dogs so she is helpful.

Ohhh...the kids went back to school Monday and their school has no heat, so they have been home yesterday and today. Such fun!!

The baby had his bday. He is one. Still not walking, but he is trying, he's let go a few times.

Thats about it. The kids still don't know about the new baby, hmmmm...when to tell them.
You might also make sure he understands that to be a REAL Marine he has to graduate highschool.

I think you should tell them on the way to the hospital.
January 6th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Aside from telling everyone how to live their lives, we are getting back on our normal track. Back to math and English everyday, chores, and play. It is blisteringly cold here right now, so no one wants to go outside. Neither do I. My black lab mix is laying in the sun in the grass, though, and looks pretty cute. Everyone is healthy. The baby is almost sitting up on her own. She was one of the 4 who didn't wake us up last night. 2 big girls, 1 toddler and the lab all did. We are planning a family trip to Atlanta on Jan 20 so everyone is looking forward to that. Then we are doing the Disney "Give a day, Get a day" thing. So we will go to Disney in the spring. Maybe my dad will let us stay with him. But if not, we will get a condo or something with a pool and have a good time without him. We have the baby's dedication coming up, too. Then we will go out to lunch. Should be a nice January.
January 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Quote:
You might also make sure he understands that to be a REAL Marine he has to graduate highschool.

I think you should tell them on the way to the hospital.
Yeah we have been through the can't be a Marine if you don't graduate. He is driving me bananas. I am so thrilled that his "buddy" bought him the XBox Live card and now he wants to play online all the time. He already lost that. Now he is about to lose the Xbox all together.

About the hospital....I guess I'dhave to tell them when the midwives show up for the homebirth.....surprise. LOL. Funny thing is I LOOK freakin pregnant now.

Ohhhh...have fun at Disney!!!
#12 is on the way
January 6th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Yeah we have been through the can't be a Marine if you don't graduate. He is driving me bananas. I am so thrilled that his "buddy" bought him the XBox Live card and now he wants to play online all the time. He already lost that. Now he is about to lose the Xbox all together.

About the hospital....I guess I'dhave to tell them when the midwives show up for the homebirth.....surprise. LOL. Funny thing is I LOOK freakin pregnant now.

Ohhhh...have fun at Disney!!!
I bet you look beautiful! Post a picture!
January 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see....Dh is still unemployed and I am officially starting to freak out about it. If projects don't start up soon we are going to be s-o-l. I'm pretty sure I will be taking next semester off from school so that we can stretch our savings a bit further.
The kids are all well and healthy. The weather has kept the 3 oldest ones out of school (they had a half day today which was pointless but that's it for the week, more snow!). I've honestly enjoyed every minute of having them all home for the last couple weeks but I'm behind on alot of chores. Baby Izzy hasn't broke out in hives anymore since we switched her to soy milk. She does have a milk allergy but she'll probably out grow it. Lucas turns 3 tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the time went by. That's about it for us, nothing exciting.
January 6th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
farmer - we're doing the give a day, get a day too. I just got some more information about a MS walk.

Urban momma - yes, please post a pic. I love preggo pics.

clousie - a lot of libraries have free museum passes you can try to get the kids out of the house for cheap. I don't know where in CT you are but if you are near kidcity (in middletown), it is awesome but does cost money. GL with the cabin fever.

Cortney - how much snow have you got so far? I heard on the enws there is a place that has gotten 50+ inches. I can't even imagine that much snow!

January 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Correction that everything is as usual.... 10 yr old puked E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E in the downstairs bathroom at supper time, not a bit of it landed IN the toilet.
Even had to wash the walls

Then it came out the other end about 20 minutes later in the upstairs bathroom, so that all had to be scrubbed down.

I need a nap

January 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post

clousie - a lot of libraries have free museum passes you can try to get the kids out of the house for cheap. I don't know where in CT you are but if you are near kidcity (in middletown), it is awesome but does cost money. GL with the cabin fever.
I am the queen of memberships! We have yearly passes to our local children's museum, the Mystic Aqaurium, and the zoo up in Providence. The museum is closed for renovations this month though, and this weather has zapped all my desire for any outdoor activities. I was looking at Kid City online last night actually...it is 45 minutes from us. It was a little pricey, but I saw that for $100 I could get a membership that would also cover my local museum (which I need to renew anyway) as well as a whole bunch of museums in other parts of the country. I think we are going to go for that, I need to get these kids out.

The sun did poke out today for a bit, so I bundled everyone up for a 20 minute trip to the park up the hill....we REALLY needed that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search