travel system

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I am going to skip the infant car seat stroller combo this time around, and just go straight to a rear-facing convertible seat. We already have one we could use too which would save some $$. I really considered the infant seat a "must have" with Beth and Matt, but we didn't use it as much with Carrie. I always put her in her Jeep carrier (like a Snugli) so I could have my hands free to deal with the other two. My cat peed in the infant seat I had for her btw (he was sick) so we trashed that one.

Has anyone else skipped it? Did you miss it? I feel like I might be sorry when I have to wake the baby to get him out of the car, but that would only be every so often, and only for the first few months.
January 6th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never used one. We have an infant seat, which I use until they can sit up in a grocery buggy. Then the infant/toddler seat that I use til they grow out of it. I have never had one of those things were you put the car seat in the stroller. I have noticed with the last 2 I hardly ever put them in a stroller. Maybe we don't go to the same places we used to.
January 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking of skipping the infant seat all together...the convertable one I have is big and stays in the car, but it fits babies from like five pounds and up. Hmm...the shopping cart. I guess I could just use the front carrier there too. At least the older two kids walk when we go places now! Carrie wants to walk too....but she walks into things.
January 6th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly can't imagine not using the infant carrier but my life style is a bit different and I had to take them (Izzy especially) in and out of the car often as infants. (Dropping off and Picking up the kids from school, grocery store, etc.)

I'm completely over the stroller/car seat travel systems though.
January 6th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I had just bought the convertible seat for Clara and right before I had her I panicked, and had no idea how a teeny tiny baby was going to sit comfortable in such a large car seat. I borrowed her keyfit for a few months until Clara was bigger. But I also ditched the travel system this time. My SIL gave me a JEEP double stroller she found on freecycle so that worked out well for us.

January 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i skipped it this time and just use a sling when we go out- MUCH easier! There have been exactly 3 times Ive been a little panicked not having it

1) 6 week PP check. The nurse held teh baby and then laid her on my chest

2) Hubs and I went on a date. I ended up laying down a blanekt and laying Saffi on her tummy in the booth

3) at the chiropractor- pulled 2 yr old out of stroller and laid Saffi down while I got adjusted

Im glad to ditch it b/c it's caused me tennis elbow from toting the heavy carrier around! Now if I was having twins I'd go with the infant seats and a stroller

January 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am doing the infant seat again.

It is just so much easier for me to use the infant seat for grocery shopping rather than taking the baby in and out of the car seat and into a carrier. I have 3 kids that need help getting buckled and unbuckled in their car seats - I'll take the time saver of not adding a 4th one needing in and out of a convertible car seat for a few months.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search