At what age

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 06:12 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you get your little girl's ears pierced? As a baby or wait until they are older?

How old were you when you got your ears peirced?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 8th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine pierced when I was in 1st grade. I remember being sooooo excited! I really looked forward to that day. I had told dh about it and he thought we should wait with our girls so they could have a good memory about it. So we have waited until our girls have asked to get them done. Our oldest was 10 when she asked about getting her ears done. Our next was 8 and we let her get her ears pierced for her birthday. We did the same with our 3rd dd, she started asking sooner but I wasn't sure she was ready, I was afraid they would do the first ear and she'd want to be done so we waited a little bit. Our other dd's are 6, 5 and 1 and they aren't asking yet. I like waiting because it is a special day for them and they can help take care of them. They were very good about turning them and cleaning them and we had no problems.
January 8th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
DD was in 1st and she wanted them for her bday. Then a few months later her earring got stuck in her ear and ripped her ear lobe She was given the ok to repierce after a year but she has no urge . I hope my other lo's never want them (although unlikely, I realize).

January 8th, 2010, 07:47 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I let them get it done once they ask and are past the age of 6. Sam was almost 7 and Hannah had just turned 6. Emma is already asking so I am sure we will do hers right around her 6th birthday.

I was in the 3rd grade when I got mine done the first time and 8th when I got my second holes done.

Sam is already asking for a second set and I am going to make her wait until 8th grade

January 8th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I was 8 or 9 when I had mine done. I would have gotten my girls' done as babies, but my dh was against it. He said after they are old enough to ask for them and take care of them, so that is what we are going for.
January 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Babies, both my dd's had their ears pierced by the time they were 6 months. No issues. Yes, this baby will too. Heck, my 13 yo son has his ear pierced.

I had mine done around 10.
#12 is on the way
January 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
foxfire_ga79
I was in 1st grade when mine were done too.
DD#1 got hers done when she was 2. It was my treat to celebrate her being potty trained, and I started working a day care center so she was going there with me. It was her gift for being a "big girl."
I imagine Ivy will also be done around 2, when she's potty trained. That's a big accomplishment and deserves a reward.
January 8th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1st grade for me. Alyssa was 7 but she got an infection and had to remove them (diabetes complication). She wants to try again but I'm very hesitant. I'm also not sure yet what I will do if Emma starts asking. I want to be fair to each girl but......it's complicated.
January 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I was 12 and my daughter asked at 11, chickened out and went for it at 12.

January 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont know how old I was. Savannah got hers done at 4 months.

January 9th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I was 4. My oldest is the only one with pieced ears because we decided that at the age of 10 they could get there ears pierced if they wanted its a big thing turning double digits and we figured that they were old enough to make the decision of having holes in their ears. My second dd turns 10 on feb4 and she is counting down until she can get her ears pierced.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search