how long?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long did you know you dh/so before you started dating?
How long were you dating when you got engaged?
How long between your engagement and your wedding?

I first met dh when I was 12, and we started dating when I was 15, and got engaged when I was 17 (2years and 4 months later) and we were married 1 year and 10 months later.

This girl I know just got engaged to her boyfriend of 3 months, that's what's made me think of it
February 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we were pretty much inseparable from the day we met. 3 weeks into things he went on a mission trip to Africa and during that time I figured out that he was THE ONE

8 months later we got engaged

and 1 yr 1 month after we met, we married.

this past saturday marked the 10 yr anniversary of us meeting <3

February 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I met hubby because we worked together for 2 hours a week at a convenience store.

We'd known each other, worked together, for four and a half months before he asked me out after midnight NYE Y2K.

One year later on NYD he proposed, and we were married 7 months later.

So when we got married we'd known each other for almost exactly 2 years, and were dating or engaged all but about 4 months of that.

Funny thing, though. I'd known his sister almost since we moved to that town when I was in the 7th grade. (So that'd be... *calculate* about 17 1/2 years? Or so.) We were friendly acquaintances, in choir together; she's a year younger than I am. (Small town so everyone knows everyone, but we were friendly.) I just never knew she had a brother! I also knew their cousin from about that same time - both SIL and their cousin were in choir with me through most of high school. Just never knew about "him"!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We knew each other about 6 months before we started dating, we got engaged 18 months later, and got married 27 months after that-we've been together 10 years, married for 6 of those

Lucky mother to five!

February 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dated dh for 4 years, engaged for one and married for 12 years in May. we have been together 17 years! WE knew each other for about 4-5 months before we started dating. WE were both in different relationships when we met..........I believe we were meant to be.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
February 14th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long did you know you dh/so before you started dating? I can't really put a date on it, we went to the same small school all our lives but he was a grade below me. We knew of each other, but we didn't really hang out.

How long were you dating when you got engaged? about a year

How long between your engagement and your wedding? about 4 months! It was supposed to be longer but on a whim we decided to elope just before our first child due. I was so huge at our wedding

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search