Feeling uncomfortable about wanting more...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about my desire to have "just one more". And here's why..

At Christmas, I found out that a family member, who is nearing the end of her child bearing years, is trying desperately for her 2nd child but just had a m/c in November. Then, I found out this weekend that my SIL is expecting her first. I'm heartbroken for the first couple and very excited for my SIL and her dh but now I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. I feel like I shouldn't want more. It's really confusing me. Has anyone else ever experienced something similar?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

February 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes I understand how you feel. I have friends how have been trying forever and sometimes I feel like that too.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
February 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Soemtimes I feel like that. When my cousin and his girlfriend lost their baby that would have been due right around the same time as NaKiyaah, I felt bad about being pg. I think I feel guilty sometimes about being able to have so many children when so many couples struggle to have even one, especially if I am close to the couple. Make any sense?
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
February 15th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a couple TTC with a loss and infertility-they're going to feel hurt regardless of whether you become pg or not; just be sensitive to their feelings. They'll be mad at anybody who gets pg, not just you. I was so hurt when I was looking for my bfp, and everyone got one but me-its just the nature of loss and infertility. Don't not have another child b/c you're afraid of hurting anyone else's feelings-they will be hurt regardless. Just seeing someone with more than one child, was enough to make my heart ache. Its just the infertility talking. ((hugs))

Lucky mother to five!

February 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes dear, I know what you mean!

I always feel so guilty about my childless friends knowing of my pregnancies but all we can do is support them the best way we can while enjoying our babies

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
February 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand.

My brother and his wife have a 14 year old son, and had 6 miscarriages after that, and 2 of those pregancies were at the same time as my second and fifth, so we would have been due around the same time. And for me to "just" have my 5th (I have never had any trouble getting or staying pregnant) and for them not to be able to have a second has been hard.
February 16th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
yeah esp now, I know that if I do get pg anytime soon it will hurt my sister so bad....

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search