Do any of your kids

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 04:05 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
have to take care of themselves? My dd's friends in school (she's nine) make their own lunches and bring them to school. I make dd's lunch.

Do they make their own lunches and breakfasts?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 13th, 2010, 04:44 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I deal with the school lunches etc and put them in their bags in the morning before I leave for work, but yes, they have to get their own breakfast.
They have enough to choose from though - different cereals, bread, eggos, pop tarts (when they are on sale), so it's not like they are lacking.

My oldest & youngest almost never eat breakfast unless it's the weekend and either myself or SO put together a bit of a pigout no earlier than 9am - they are like me - cannot stomach food too early in the day as it makes me feel sick.

April 13th, 2010, 05:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
When I work they all have to get themselves off to school. My oldest son always does. Now that I am home I get up with the younger ones most days, but my second oldest son usually has it all taken care of.
#12 is on the way
April 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alyssa takes care of breakfast while I get the others ready. It's not a big deal because she likes to prepare food for some crazy reason. If I did send their lunches, Lyss would probably take care of that too.
April 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 16, 12, and 11 year old take care of their own breakfast, and lunch unless I'm already cooking. I don't think they would like it very much if I did it all the time. I guess it's a independence thing. The rest of the younger ones always have their food prepared for them.

April 14th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Veteran
From Eva and up (haha, how awful does that sound?) they do their own breakfasts and lunches.

Melora and Ashley make their own toast or cereal, if they want anything cooked either me or one of the older girls do it for them.

And of course I make everything for Piper.

April 14th, 2010, 05:14 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually get breakfast ready while they are getting dressed, it's easy though cause they all like instant oatmeal or cereal in the morning... They eat lunch at school so I don't have to worry about that...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

April 14th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids make their own lunches, I hate making lunches and can't ever remember who likes what, so they do it themselves. I do supervise the younger 2 (9 and 7) and make their sandwhich.

They take care of their own breakfast too, except my youngest, I will help her. We don't have breakfast together because they're all so different, 2 of my kids like to eat the moment they wake up, a few like to sit around for a bit and one likes to get dressed and ready and then eat. I am there though, if they need anything, but their independence suits me fine, because I don't really like to talk or do a whole lot except make my coffee for the first while that I am up.
April 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest is 3.5, so I still do all of it. But when he has preschool he does make his little lunch the night before, and I'm slowly teaching him to make cereal without dumping the milk everywhere.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search