Do you have any kids that are

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 04:15 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a PACK RAT???

We were cleaning the playroom (the kids and I) over the weekend. I had a box for items that could be donated. We have wayyyyy too much stuff.

My youngest was ready to get rid of everything!! Andrew didn't want to get rid of anything!! Everything we found was his FAVORITE!!! Even rocks that were in the playroom were special to him. Meanwhile, he hasn't seen this stuff in months because he couldn't find it in the mess!

I need to clean out the toy closets but I have to do it when my son is not at home.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 13th, 2010, 05:14 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
LOL @ Andrew!!

Fortunately no, I don't.
#12 is on the way
April 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 8 yr old is autistic and can't handle the change of getting rid of things. He tries to hang on to everything. Every month or so I go in and find a few things I know he won't notice and get rid of them. My 4 old does the favorite thing. Every little toy is her favorite. I do the same thing with her toys every so often. We move a lot so it is convenient for us to "lose" things in the moves.

Randie

April 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I have one. I buy him new shoes because his old ones are literally falling apart or too small. He has to keep the old ones. And like pp said every little thing is "special"
April 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes all 3 of my older girls are the worst. I go in their room while they are at schol and go through all the bags and pursses and boxes and throw stuff away. They have never missed anything!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
April 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alyssa! She cried the last time we did a donation box and that was less than a year ago! The others never have a problem getting rid of things.
April 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try 3 girls in a 10x10 room. Their room is 2 feet deep with crap. My last line of the night to them for the last few weeks has been "I swear to God, tomorrow everything in this room goes OUT! I can't stand it any more. I am so sick of this I am going to spit!" But each day I don't feel well enough to actually do it.
April 14th, 2010, 05:56 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep Tarin is especially bad about the "that's my favorite" and Seth has alot of knickknacks...
I think I threaten them at least every other day about throwing everything in the playroom out, but each time I get upstairs and look at the mess I just shake my head and say screw it....

I know they get it from me though, I am a packrat... Not Hoarders bad or anything, but I do have a few boxes that still haven't been unpacked from 3 moves ago....lol

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

April 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my middle girl, she's 9. We just cleaned her room and she keeps every paper from school, and I just convinced her to keep only 5 rocks (out of the roughly 37). She would love to keep it all, she gets it from dh though, I love getting rid of stuff that we don't use or need.
April 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nobody yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search