Mother's Day

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 06:35 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Do you really care? I mean is it a big deal to you?

All they are talking about on the news this a.m. is gifts/splurges for mom's.

I couldn't care less, but I am an anti-holiday kinda girl anyway.

So what do you expect/want/desire/need for MD?
#12 is on the way
April 16th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like going out to lunch or dinner, being allowed to take a nap with no guilt, but I am not big on cards, flowers, gifty stuff.
April 16th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely forgot about Mother's Day! But I'm glad you posted this because I am now considering yesterday's shopping spree my MD gift to myself. Less guilt

To answer your question, it's really not that big of a deal to me. Dh is usually gone this time of the year so I don't get a day off or anything but the kids usually have handmade gifts for me and that's always special.
April 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
ohhhh...a nap.

NaKiyaah could come on Momma's Day, I'd love to meet her then.
#12 is on the way
April 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I have to work Mother's Day. The kids usually make me breakfast in bed, which I'd prefer they not because I hate eating in bed, but they have it in their heads that that's what I want so of course I have to enjoy it after they put in so much effort. So, I guess this year all I can hope for is some blueberry pancakes that aren't still runny in the center and a good afternoon at work.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 16th, 2010, 09:31 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's really not a big deal to me, I don't want anything fancy.
The kids do usually get or make me a card and that is nice....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

April 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Well, for obvious reasons I am not looking forward to Mother's Day this year. Usually my sister, mom and my girls head out for a walk in the woods and lunch. This year I do not know what I want to do at all. Nap sounds good though.

April 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is and it isn't.
I certainly don't want or expect anything extravagant, but it's always really fun to get the things the kids made for me at school. It's also a good reminder for dh to tell me he's so happy to have me lol

But mother's day is never really about me, we always have to go to my mom's and dh's, so then we're busy all day doing that.
April 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Well, for obvious reasons I am not looking forward to Mother's Day this year. Usually my sister, mom and my girls head out for a walk in the woods and lunch. This year I do not know what I want to do at all. Nap sounds good though.

I just have to tell you ~ I lost my mom nine years ago. It was before Mother's Day too. You should still take that walk together. Take something of hers with you. It will be difficult for all of you, but important to remember her. It will be a while before Mother's Day feels less lonely. My sister and I still go out for dinner to my mother's favorite restaurant for her birthday. At first there were lots of tears and laughter, but now just laughter as we wish my mom a happy birthday.

Losing your mother is like losing an arm. You will always miss it ~ but you adjust to life without it. It just takes time.

And as for me ~ I think Mother's Day is just a day. My dh makes a big deal out of it usually, and I just let him.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dang Straight it's important!!! It's the one and only day out of the entire year where I hear DH say to the kids...."If you need something ask Daddy because today is Mama's resting day. That is VERY important Plus I LOVE all the pictures they color me and little things they make for me. So Yep.. Mother's day is very special to me.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't make a big deal of mother's/father's day here. The one thing I expect is not to cook, whether DH cooks or we order in/go out, doesn't matter to me!
April 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Every year so far I watch the kids on MD while my DH works on a house project like landscaping. I HATE that. I would prefer if we could all do something as a family like go to a playground and then a picnic or even Mcdonalds would be fine.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lOVE it. My dh always goes above and beyond on mothers day. and its not even about the gifts really its just about the seeing the kids so excited that its mothers day.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
April 17th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its a huge deal to me, I've wanted to be a mommy since I was five years old, I want to drown in gifts, seriously! I expect at the very least, cards and flowers. I did ask dh if we should attempt a MD brunch at one of the hotels, they're crazy busy here, but it might be fun if we all dressed up and went out-crazy, but fun
April 18th, 2010, 07:21 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always want to sleep in and have DH and the kids pamper me and get me cards. In reality I will sleep a tiny bit late, get up cook my own breakfast and be annoyed with my DH for not putting in an effort

April 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't care about it. Matt usually does have the kids make me cards and gets me flowers or something though. He is bigger on holidays than I am.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search