Speaking of fights

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Urbanmomma's response made me wonder -

Did you ever get into a fight when you were a kid?

Were you ever bullied?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 17th, 2010, 09:19 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I fought a lot. I grew up with brothers and uncles, I have red hair and didn't care to be teased about it as a kid/teen. I wasn't really a bully, I just fought at the slightest infraction, imagined or intended.
The last fight I was in was at 22. I then realized I probably needed to calm down if I didn't want to end up in jail.
They say red heads are hot headed anyway. LOL.
But you know, I encourage my kids to turn the other cheek, unless someone hits you....then whup their *****.
#12 is on the way
April 17th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got beat up in 4th grade one day after school by the mean girl and her big ugly friend. The big ugly friend apologized the next morning.

When I was 15 I got in a fight with a girl who claimed to have slept with my boyfriend. She probably did, but I figured she shouldn't go around saying so. I wasn't as smart as I thought I was, I guess. I threw the first punch into her nose, she jumped on me, I thought I wrapped my claws around the back of her leg, but I think it was my friend who was trying to pull us apart with the help of my enemy's friend. I never told her it was me who dug into her leg!

I think it would have been cool for UM to have my back back then. No one would have messed with us!
April 17th, 2010, 10:47 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I fought a lot. I grew up with brothers and uncles, I have red hair and didn't care to be teased about it as a kid/teen. I wasn't really a bully, I just fought at the slightest infraction, imagined or intended.
The last fight I was in was at 22. I then realized I probably needed to calm down if I didn't want to end up in jail.
They say red heads are hot headed anyway. LOL.
But you know, I encourage my kids to turn the other cheek, unless someone hits you....then whup their *****.
Us redheads be hotheads??? NO WAY!!

My last fight was at 26, I unfortunately did spend the night in jail...LOL. that pretty much calmed me down...

I got into some fights growing up, got bullied a couple times but not for long once they realized I wouldn't put up with it...

I tell my kids they same thing, they are to defend themselves, but if I ever find out they are bullying or starting fights, what they will face from me will be far worse than the school or police.....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

April 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never really fought in school. Maybe a couple of arguments with girls here and there. Nothing huge.

Lyssa's biological dad was abusive. He ran into us years after I left him (was preggo w/ Emma in fact so I guess 5 1/2 yrs ago) and immediately started a fight. Luckily there were some volunteer firemen right there that intervened and he got to go to jail.
April 17th, 2010, 01:41 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No fights for me and no bullying either.
April 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No fights for me (well except with my siblings but that's another story) I was very quiet and shy all through my school years.

I was never physically bullied by anyone but several of the boys at church who were a few years older than me thought it was funny to tease me probably because I just got really shy and embarrassed by it.

[
April 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I had one big fight when I was in grade 8. There was a guy that really liked me and a girl in grade 9 found out (she had a crush on him but he wasn't interested in her) so she decided she needed to beat up her 'competition'. She followed me part-way home from school yelling obscenities at me, calling me names with her pack of followers behind her.

I got sick of it so I stopped and turned around, dropped my backpack & told her to just get it over with. I let her get in a punch so I would have 'evidence', and then I promptly kicked the cr@p out of her.

The police showed up at the house a few hours later as her parents called them due to her having 2 broken ribs. I had visible bruises and told them what happened and the fact that there were 5 other girls with her when I was completely on my own trying to walk home from school.

It didn't go over well for her & her friends and no one ever dared cross me after that (small town & word got around)

I never had the need to be in a fight ever again, which is fine with me.

April 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not a fighter, and not bullied-I was the quiet kid who did her work and tried to be invisible

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search