Why??

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 10:09 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Did my old neighbors think that it was a good idea to buy my 4 yo dd a bikini for her bday??? She MIGHT be able to wear it in the bathtub!!!!!! Not appropriate for a 4 yo at all. Ughhh. Of course she thinks it is wonderful...all frilly with butterflies.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
make it disappear! We dont do bikini's either...My little girls will stay little as long as they can...they'll grow up fast enough...they dont need the help of "adult" clothing making them look "sexy" or more adult than they need to.

UGH

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
She absolutely will NOT be wearing it outside, and actually I think making it disappear is the best thing. I agree about kepping lil girls little as long as possible!! I won't even buy them short shorts or "booty shorts" which it seems like it is all the make for little girls. I finally found some longer shorts for both my dd's, they hit mid thigh, even better are the ones that almost hit their knees!!
April 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Really?? For a 4 year old?? Come on now! Tell her you're going to put it away for her and later when she asks for it "forget" where you put it.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 20th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont do short shorts either....and my family (extended) doesn't understand that....dh's grandma will buy them clothes at garage sales and they'll be like SHORT skirts (look like trashy mini skirts) that have shorts under them so they assume they are ok sicne they are "skorts"...I'm like um...they still LOOK like trashy mini skirts on my 7 year old..NO WAY!!!!! I dont want her to look attractive to the creepy old men....or whatever...teaching her to dress modest is HARD this day and age...I'm not an old fogey that wont allow ANY skin showing....but yeah...short shorts and bikini's are definitely OUT!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM
My 7 yo dd has a boy down the block who likes her. Last summer he asked to touch her behind....my 15 yo son wanted to scare (ummm...beat) the heck outta the lil boy. He is really protective of his lil sisters.
April 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for him! I wouldn't make the bikini disappear. I would explain to her that it is inappropriate and immodest and that you don't want her to have it. Then toss it.
April 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going to be the oddball. 4 year old, bikini and sexy are never in the same sentence for me. But I don't live in your world, so if you're uncomfortable with it, then get rid of it.
My kids wear 2 piece bathing suits, the athletic kind, with the boyshorts and tankini. And we've just come up with a rule for when they're older, either big top and smaller bottom or bigger bottom and smaller top (providing it keeps you covered up) but no small bottom small top. But we're not there yet, they like the same suits that I do.

I am with you on the shorts thing though, how much shorter can they get. My kids do wear shorts, but only at home, or when it's really hot outside, but not the supershort numbers that they have out there now.

And really, who looks good in those shorts anyways, and when they do look good, who are they appropriate on?
April 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
Good for him! I wouldn't make the bikini disappear. I would explain to her that it is inappropriate and immodest and that you don't want her to have it. Then toss it.
I hope if we have girls that my boys stick up for their little sisters like that. Growing up we had relatives that would give me clothes for birthdays that my parents did not think were appropriate and my mom would sit down and we'd talk about why I wouldn't be wearing it and then we'd get rid of it.

This is one reason I love having boys It is so easy to dress them for the summer without having to wade through all the inappropriate clothes that are out there for little girls

[
April 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest had a two piece last year. It wasn't a teeny bikini more of a sports bra w/ some skorts. So I guess I'm neutral on the subject. I don't want my girls to dress inapproritely but I'm not against all two pieces either.

Can you exchange it for a one piece?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
No, they aren't the types to give a receipt. I'd be perfectly happy if the girls wore sweat pants and turtle necks for swimming.
April 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I let my kids wear them. I buy them apprpriate ones for their age.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
April 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh just wait until she's a teenager and see what kind of arguments you have!! We had a major argument last summer about my 15 yo's choice of bathing suit. (She had it circled in a catalog. It was so low cut around her crotch I don't know why she would even bother wearing one. I did let her get a two piece, but it was a tankini. That was our compromise. The worst part is she is oblivious to how curvy and thin she is. (I wish I had that problem) She wears a size 0 and is very tall. I wish she could wear sweats to swim in too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Veteran
Hmm, seeing as she loves it so much id let her wear it with a rashie over the top. But thats my solution to everything, "Put a rashie over the top"

April 20th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't do two piece swimsuits here either. Just don't. We talk about appropriate dress so all the kids understand, but don't get much that is inappropriate. I guess we are lucky.

April 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd tell her it was inappropriate and throw it out as well. Two piece swimwear is not allowed here. Neither is short shorts.

April 21st, 2010, 03:42 AM
Veteran
My young girls dont wear one pieces because we have toilet complaints, haha. Its rashies and bottoms. Theyre also very sunsmart

Theyre these kind of things

April 21st, 2010, 06:39 AM
^ she could wear something like that.
April 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thought about this, i guess i figured i have lots of time left.

Rae has a 2 piece swim suit from last yr. i never really thought anything of putting a 2 yr old in a cute 2 piece. but i'm sure my mind will change as the girls get older.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
Super Mommy
ditto

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search