I don't want to!!! My 2 yo temper tantrum

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't want to have this baby at the hospital. I hate hospital's..they are awful and they are going to try to bully me into a buncha dumb junk I don't want for me or my daughter. Apparently some of the hospital staff is known to call CPS if you refuse certain treatments for the baby, Vit K, eye ointment, or if I don't get the GBS test, with no negative on file they will try to jack her up to IV antibiotics after birth.
C'mon...child protective services because I don't want you to dope up my baby or put eye goop in her eyes!!! I have had three at home that have had NONE of that done and they are all just fine!!
It would be a shame if I didn't make it in time to the hospital.
I hate hospitals and doctors, all the crap they want to do to me/baby is strictly for them...NOT us. It's so they don't get sued. They couldn't care less about me/baby...it's all about the money!!

Ohh and I don't want to stay 24 hours after she is born. I don't wanna!!!

Okay...I am done now.
#12 is on the way
April 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Then don't. Have her at home, by yourself. People do it all the time. You are a proven birther. Then call 911 and tell them you had her, then when they come, tell them you don't want to go anywhere. Should be fine. You just need to document that you had her. You don't want anyone accusing you of stealing her.

Is there any other home birth attendant or birth center? Anywhere? Detroit seems pretty big to only have the one friend of yours.

I need that link.
April 21st, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You only have to stay for 24 hours? Mama and Baby has to stay a minimum of 48 at my hospital. Even if they would call CPS, there isn't really anything they can do just because you refuse elective treatments for your baby (although I do realize things aren't always on the up and up with places like CPS). I'd say you need a different hospital to deliver at.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
FW... no one will take me at 37 1/2 weeks. I have tried. ohhh...and nothing to put on the list.

I'd die if I had to stay any longer than 24 hours. 48 hours,....ughh.
#12 is on the way
April 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I'm lucky. I have a great doctor and hospital and have always had complete control over my births.

If you really don'twant to be at a hospital, look into other options. Try birth centers, or do a homebirth again. I really don't know what else is out there, I'm sure lots of women will be able to give suggestions. I just don't know much about them. I'm really only comfortable being at a hospital, so for me, going somewhere else wasn't even thought of.

As for staying 24 hours, I'm not sure they can keep you. But I enjoy my rest and recovery time. It gives me a chance to spend one on one time with the new babe and my hubby. Finding a sitter, that's the hard part.

Good luck in your decision!

April 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've lurked on the home birth boards quite a bit because I would love to do it but I'm not brave enough. I've seen a few birth stories that were planned unassisted home births. You may want to look them up for advice.
April 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
When I had my 4th, my dr even told me while they were still cleaning up the baby that I could leave any time I wanted to

April 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I don't know about CPS in you area, but around here they don't have time for real cases, let alone a complaint that someone refused eye drops at the hospital. Maybe it's just a rumor?

If you have to have her at the hospital, don't feel powerless, you can still have a say and refuse to be bullied.

Sorry you are not looking forward to the birth though and Cortney is right, there is a whole movement of unassisted births at home, and I am sure there are a lot of people here you could ask for help. Good luck in whatever happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search