Wwyd?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
Ok, here's the thing.... Between my dh and I we have 4 girls here in our home, two girls and one boy who don't live with us (one is grown, one was adopted by my dad, and one lives with her mother). Our youngest is almost 8mo old and I've convinced myself that I'm almost ok with being "done" having kids (though I do still have times where I know I'm going to miss it, then I remember that its been more than a year since I had a good nights sleep lol). So, dh and I were talking today as we were driving around and I saw one of those 16 passenger vans and I made a joke about "We could have a couple more and need one of those". He paused for just a second and said "Well you're the one who wanted to be done"

me: "So... you want to have more?"
dh: "Well... I want my boy"
me: "This [my uterus] isn't the lottery, you can't just buy a ticket every week and see if you win" (ROFL)
dh: "No, but you can't win if you don't play"

I about died!

So what would you do? We have 4 girls in the house right now (age 15 down to 8 months). As long as we didn't have triplets or something silly like that, we do have the room (would mean kids sharing, but still). We can afford them, they would most definatly be wanted... BUT...
dh is getting ready to deploy, by the time he comes back I'll be 39 years old. Do I really want to be the 60 year old mom at her childs high school graduation? LOL Not to mention having to hear from both sides of the family how we need to stop having children (we have the largest family of all our siblings, dh only has two sibs, I have 6 sibs).

Part of me wants to have one more... and have it while we're still here in Germany (SO much better care here... it doesn't even compare!), but that would really mean TTC now and if I get pg, going thru the pg by myself and quite possibly the delivery too (granted I went thru 90% of labor by myself with Madi lol).

So, what would you do? Would you just continue being "ok" with being done, or would you try again since you knew it was something your husband wanted? Would you TTC now or wait until after the deployment? Not looking for someone to tell me what to do, just what YOU would do in this situation.

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
April 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would keep going. I did keep going. If you are married and stable, there is no reason in the world not to. That is what married people do.
April 22nd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My decision would be to stop, but that is only because of how I handle pregnancy. I'd have 20 kids if I could skip the whole pregnancy part. Pregnancy is awful for me and I've found that this 4th time being pregnancy with 3 other young kids to watch over is near impossible. HOWEVER.. if you handle pregnancy well and don't mind being pregnant and could get a little help from your older kids, then it sounds like it would be good for you.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 22nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't really answer that one. Only you guys can make that decision. All I can offer is that nobody ever regrets having one more....but lots of people regret not having one more.
April 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
I handle most of my pregnancy fairly well... some pg's I was EXHAUSTED during the 1st Trimester... other's I felt fine until the 3rd. Some I have gallbladder problems, most I didn't. I'm more worried about the teeny tiny newborn with a teen and 3 others aged 5 and under. Thats the part that worries me.

Shawna... you are absolutely right.... I can't see me ever regretting having "one more" but I can definatly see my regretting not even trying. After all, if God has decided that we're done then nothing on this earth will produce another child from my body. If God has decided that we aren't done, then there is only one prevention on earth that will prevent it (not having sex lol).

So... CD 6.... here we go!

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
April 22nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would try to get pg. before he left. If you have another girl then you could get pg. again when he gets back.
April 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd totally jump on the chance for one more.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd go for it. I wish I was married and stable, I'd have as many more as I could.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Good luck

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Go for it!

April 22nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
I'd totally jump on the chance for one more.
Maybe it's just me, but that reads so naughty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search