I hate it.... mini rant

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Veteran
Okay... so we had our first 3 kids within 3 years. There's 33 months and 7 days between our #1 and #3.

#4 was a complete shock and surprise... and I'd not long ago come to terms with 3 being it for us.

By the time #4 arrives, we will have 4 kids under 5 ... (4 years 7 months between #1 and #4)

Only as we found out quite late into this pregnancy, that I was even pregnant, over the last month or so, every person that greets us that seems to know hubby be it through work or extended family, wind up saying something quite rude. And I'm getting tired of laughing it off.

MIL's gone as far to say we have our own baseball team in the making, not to mention there's secretly bets on us having up to at least 6 kids.

It really just gets me down. We got lucky I suppose, our first two were boy then girl. So, I suppose as people do, they assumed we didn't need a third child. But three was always my ideal number. 4 was not in the plan but I don't exactly regret it. I do sorta feel a little sad that this bub is another boy, giving us three boys and one girl in total. But I'll get used to it eventually.
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

April 23rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I do have my own baseball team here in a few weeks. I will have four children 4 and under and five more kiddos. Anyone who doesn't like is welcome to leave me alone and never speak to me again in life.
#12 is on the way
April 23rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...sorry people are being rude. Unfortunately it seems to come w/ the territory.
I completely understand how your feeling though. I always thought I would have three kids, from the time I was a little girl playing w/ my dolls to the day before I found out I was pg w/ #4. I think that shock sticks w/ you for awhile and is hard to shake off. Plus for me there was a lot of fear building up on whether or not I could handle it. (I hadn't found JM yet.) Then I had the little guy and I swear it was easiest transition ever, felt like he had always been there. Loved it so much that we did TTC #5, lol!

Hang in there Momma!! Try not to let them get to you.
April 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Thanks. And that's the other thing. Now I'm having #4, I could secretly, quite easily have #5... but there's no way hubby would go for it. And our finances wouldn't stretch that far.

April 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry they're being rude. Family is supposed to be supportive and I would remind them of that.

April 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just don't worry about #5 or the money. Just have #4, enjoy it, and see what happens 2 years after that. Turns out they don't cost much til teen years and now she makes more money than I do.

Glad you found us!

#8 on the way.
April 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain... there are 31 months between my #1 and #3 and there will only be 4 years and 5 months between #1 and #4 when he/she gets here. The comments from friends and family are the worst because they are the ones who are supposed to be supporting you and be behind you no matter what. My MILs first response when DH told her was "Oh Brian.. You didn't!" and then she caught herself and told us how happy she was for us Numerous people on my family keep asking when Brian's going to "get fixed so you don't have this problem anymore". I think it's just terrible.. rude responses from strangers I can just let roll off, but the ones that come from family make me see red. I had a huge long rant I typed onto facebook calling them all out on their appalling actions (because they all stalk my page literally and admit to it) and after that most of them changed their tunes. My opinion..... when they start sending me buttloads of money towards raising my children THEN they can have an opinion.. but since WE raise our children and provide for them all just fine, no one else gets to have an opinion that matters.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just ignore them - or smile a real stupid smile at them and act like "What? I don't get it??"

~11th on the way - I've had 4 under 5 for a lllooonnnggg time now!

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
April 23rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, sometimes people are just rude. It's almost like people feel they have a right to insult people with more kids. I don't know why. As crazy as it sounds, when this baby is born our youngest 4 will be: 2 years old, 2 years old, 13 months old, and newborn. The two year olds are not twins. One close to being 3, but won't be by the time the new one arrives. So I understand feeling overwhelmed. Take it one day at a time and enjoy your pregnancy.

April 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
some people just don't think do they they make comments and think they're being funny or cute.
I have 5 children under the age of 6.
#1 and #5 are 5yrs and about 25 days apart and it is difficult often but so special often as well. and.. I still hear the comments but I just try to shrug them off.

Congratulations!!

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

April 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Veteran
Thanks.

My MIL turned to hubby when we told her, and said "you knew there were clinics that would have allowed you to have a vasectomy, regardless of age"

I got annoyed at having to defend myself because we had tried, but nobody wanted to give a vasectomy to a 25 year old, despite the 3 kids in 3 years.

April 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow-I can't believe people comment on your dh's needing a vas-I don't know of one person in my life who would say that to my face, let alone family. I agree with pp, remind your families that they are there to love you and your kids, and if they can't do that, maybe they should just keep their mouths shut.
I've got 29 months btwn #1's and #3

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search