No pregnancies for me.....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2010, 07:08 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Did you hear that the personal trainer from the Biggest Loser said she would never get pregnant because she couldn't handle what it would do to her body.

I feel sorry for her. I mean if you don't want kids, good for you, but it seems to me that if she is a personal trainer she'd have an easier time staying fit during and after a pregnancy.

Just another I must stay skinny by any means necessary kinda thing, I guess.

Maybe there was more to the story, I don't know.
#12 is on the way
April 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw that too. If she is that vain ~ then she probably shouldn't be a mother anyway.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Vanity. I wonder if it will keep her company when she's old.

April 23rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jillian, right? I do think there is more to her story. I've always thought she had some unresolved issues because she was overweight as a teen. You can see it alot when people tell her they don't want to be on her team. Or when she gets a group that isn't better than the other trainers group. There's just something wrong there.
April 23rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Vanity. I wonder if it will keep her company when she's old.
Ya know.

Yeah, I think her name is Jillian.
#12 is on the way
April 23rd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The irony of this is that we were CREATED to have babies!!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's sure lucky her Mom didn't think that way!
April 23rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lisa, I agree.

I've never seen the show, but I also feel bad for her. To miss something so amazing because of wanting a tight tummy or whatever is just sad to me. Imagine how lonely she must really be.

April 24th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Veteran
You know what, good for her. Everyone is criticised for doing things outside of the norm, im sure everyone on here can appreciate that, it seems that if youre not married with 2 kids then youre nuts.

I know I cop a fair bit for having a big family, same way a woman who dosent want to fall pregnant would.

I completely respect her speaking up and saying what she thinks is right for her, even if its not a view I share, its her body and if thats what will make her happy then good for her for identifying it. She's not the first woman to not want to have kids, and she sure wont be the last. Also, the article I can find on it says that she plans on adopting, I think thats FANTASTIC. She definetly has the means to give a child who dosent have a family a good upbringing, why arent people focusing on that?

April 24th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I think the issue is more that she has the Hollywood attitude that an ounce of fat is horrendous. If she doesn't want kids, fine, whatever, good for her. But the "I won't get pregnant because it will ruin my perfect body" sentiment is just another wrong message sent to our lil girls from a "celebrity".

And I do believe she referred to adopting as "rescuing it" it being a child a suppose.
#12 is on the way
April 24th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UrbanMomma, you said it well.

April 25th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Veteran
'It' describing a non gender term?

I just dont see why people are so bothered by this. She's not out there with a sign saying "PREGNANCY IS EVIL" she simply stated what she wants for her body.

April 25th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything Urban mama said and then some - while she may just be speaking for herself, she should realize that many women look up to her for health/fitness advise. If she is saying that having babies ruin a woman's body....well, that's just wrong. She is spreading a very anti-life attitude, a very selfish anti-life attitude.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 25th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
abs don't last, families do-"saving" one might be the easier way to go...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search