have you ever accidentally

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
left a kid behind? (think back to the movie home alone lol)

a friend of mine has 4 kids (grown now) but she left one behind at walmart accidentally. lately dh and i keep forgetting about the baby.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL!

No I haven't left one behind (yet) but sometimes if (lets say) A, C, E and I are all in the same room with me it will take me a little bit to realized that L is not in there as well.
April 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone is asleep so I have more time. I thought I'd add my friend story cuz it really made me laugh. I mean nobody wants to leave their kid behind and thank goodness it all worked out and they can laugh about it now.

She said her 4 boys were just being really bad at walmart and they were just trying to get the heck outta there. She has triplets and then one 19 mths younger. They got out to the parking lot, got in the minivan and drove off. The boys never said a word that their brother wasn't in the car. They were around 10 or 11 yrs old I think. So a little while goes by and some car starts trying to get them to pull over by honking their horn and flashing lights. Finally my friend's Dh pulls the van over and rolls down the window. These people say that they think she is missing a child. My friend says that is ridiculous that they have everyone and then she looks back and sees she is missing one!!!

Apparently the boy ran after the minivan for a short while until he gave up. And I guess some kind people saw what was going on and followed my friends minivan. The boy still gives his folks a hard time about how they "Left him at a Walmart parking lot as a kid" LOL!!! Thank goodness it all worked out.

Our Blog

April 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hahahahaha that's a hilarious story!! (Ok, probably not so much when it was happening to her!)
Nope, I haven't but sometimes I'll momentarily forget I have a kid, if that makes sense?? Like I'll be playing with the girls while Rhett's napping, hear him waking up and think "oh right, I have another kid!"
April 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Once I started to pull out of my driveway with the baby still strapped in the carseat and sitting in my living room...I remembered before I got down the street though. Another time I was picking my oldest dd up from preschool and her teacher said "Where's the baby?" The baby was sleeping in my backseat where I had forgotten her. Just for a minute, but still. I am so scatter brained sometimes that it scares me...I always count heads these days and I haven't had any incidents in a year or so.
April 26th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never, and I always do a count before leaving. I pair them in twos when we go in public so no one gets lost.

April 26th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not yet, but I do a head count every 10 mins or so
April 26th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Once I started to pull out of my driveway with the baby still strapped in the carseat and sitting in my living room...I remembered before I got down the street though. Another time I was picking my oldest dd up from preschool and her teacher said "Where's the baby?" The baby was sleeping in my backseat where I had forgotten her. Just for a minute, but still. I am so scatter brained sometimes that it scares me...I always count heads these days and I haven't had any incidents in a year or so.

that is exactly the type of thing that i'm afraid i ill do. the baby is so quiet and i'm just not used to having her. i almost forgot her at the playground and i almost left her in my neighbors yard in her bouncy chair.

Our Blog

April 27th, 2010, 04:16 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I "forgot" my oldest once. She was about 13 or so. She ran back into a store for something, and I put the three little ones in the car. Then proceeding to drive off ~ but realized it before we left the parking lot. Usually, she doesn't go anywhere with us, so it's not hard to forget if she was really with us or not. Needless to say, she wasn't happy when I drove back around to pick her up.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
that is exactly the type of thing that i'm afraid i ill do. the baby is so quiet and i'm just not used to having her. i almost forgot her at the playground and i almost left her in my neighbors yard in her bouncy chair.
It's very scary. I think both those things happened when I was getting used to having three kids, because after a few months we were good to go. I've heard these terrible stories about parents or daycares have forgotten little kids in hot cars (which can kill) and everyone thinks they did it on purpose or something. I for one though can see how that could easily happen if you are distracted....now I triple check before going or leaving anywhere.
April 27th, 2010, 05:18 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nope, not so far. I do frequent headcounts too.
#12 is on the way
April 27th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have forgotten to buckle Nathan in his car seat once, bucked the two girls but not Nathan. Had no clue until we got to our destination. And when Nathan was a baby I once just set his infant seat down in the car and never snapped it into the base. I set Nathan down, snapped Reagan's seat in and just forgot to snap Nathan in then took off down the road. I realized after about 2 mins down the road when I looked in the back seat. It actually took me a couple looks before I even realized anything was wrong.

I also once locked the twins in the house when they were 7 mths old. We just moved into a new house the night before and I was alone the whole night since my DH was at the old house. I went to get something out of the car and didn't realize that the doorknob was one of those kind that when it is locked it will let you out but not back in (I really thought we just had a dead bolt and that was clearly open or I couldn't have gotten out the door). When I realized I was locked out I flagged down a neighbor and called Dh who then called 911. DH and a giant fire truck, ambulance, and police car all arrived about 20 mins later. DH had keys and the twins were fine thank god!!!

Maybe I'm not destined to be a mom of many?

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; April 27th, 2010 at 06:53 AM.
April 27th, 2010, 06:51 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
I have forgotten to buckle Nathan in his car seat once. Had no clue until we got to our destination. And when Nathan was a baby I once just set his infant seat down in the car and never snapped it into the base.

Maybe I'm not destined to be a mom of many?
I have forgotten to buckle James in twice because Will distracted me before I finished with him It was a horrid feeling when I realized but fortunately everything was fine.

I only have the 2 boys so I've never left them somewhere but my mom did leave me at a restaurant when I was 4. I was with my 5 year old cousin. We were out with family and a few cousins and we got overlooked. That was when she only had 2 kids and she was an amazing mom and went on to have 7 kids so I don't think it's an indicator of not being destined to be a mom of many or that you're automatically a bad mom. Accidents happen

[
April 27th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never left the kids anywhere.. I don't think I could do that.. they are always clinging to me.. try getting out the door with 3 kids wrapped around your legs.. then you WANT to forget them at home LOL

As for buckling.. When Noah was a baby.. about 3 months old or so, we had gone to Chili's and I had taken him out of his seat to feed him. So we get all ready to leave and Noah was fussing so Brian takes him in his carseat out to the car while I pay. We get home (an hour drive) and realized he wasn't buckled into his seat.. He was carried out of the restaurant not buckled and rode the whole way home ON THE INTERSTATE nonetheless unbuckled. I was so upset and thought that I had forgotten to buckle him in and felt so guilty and just found out about 6 months ago from DH that he was actually the one who put Noah in the seat without buckling him. Then poor Nicky.. Noah had been admitted to the hospital for a 104.1 fever and Nicky was only about 6 months old. I had set Nicky down in his infant carrier.. unbuckled.. I was just sitting him in it to set him down. Then about 5 minutes later, without thinking, I went to move Nicky out of the middle of the room and grabbed the handle of his carrier and picked him up maybe an inch off the floor and he toppled out of the carseat onto the floor... I cried and cried and cried thinking I had hurt him (I was already pretty stressed with Noah being in the hospital so sick, my grandma passing away the week before, and finding out I was pregnant again the week before).

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 27th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never forgotten anyone. A lady I worked with had 4 kids and that was back in the day when no one cared about seatbelts really (I think the seatbelts and excessive car-seatage makes it harder to forget a little one lol) and she left one at pizza hut.

They had gone out to eat around x-mas and then drove around to look at x-mas lights, and they didn't realize that one was missing until they were done looking at lights, the went back and the employees just gave her pizza to eat and let her hang out lol.

I would hope someone would say something if I forgot someone!

April 27th, 2010, 07:37 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have almost forgotten kids at home but never did. Knock n wood

April 27th, 2010, 08:12 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, I do frequent nose counts too.
April 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I keep trying to forget them in all sorts of places, but they keep following me!

I've never left any behind anywhere, I always had a fear of that so I did extra checks - it became an OCD so I do it all the time still even at their ages now

April 27th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
funny you should ask just last Sunday I almost left my 4 year old at home I had just went grocery shopping and was stopping home to drop off the groceries so I told everyone to stay in the car while I was doing that a friend called that I hadn't talked to in awhile so I was talking to her unloading the groceries hurriedly because I had to get to Xandi's basketball game, so I finish unloading and start backing out the driveway when I do the seat belt head count check and notice Tali is not there, so I stop the car and sure enough she is racing across the lawn she comes to my door and climbs in and says mommy you can't leave me lol, poor girl, so in answer to your question almost but not quite

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search