What kind of car

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 04:24 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
does your dh drive? The moms usually have the biggest car but what about dh/so? What do they drive?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 27th, 2010, 04:29 AM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine drives a mercury sable. I would love to get him his truck, but money is an issue. When we are done paying mine off we will probably give him mine and I will get a new one. He always wants me to have the new one so it is more dependable.

Randie

April 27th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Matt has a 99 Jeep Cherokee. We like it, I hope it can last us a while longer. It was mine before I got my van....I drove it for several years. Right now all the kids fit - three carseats across the back. Although Carrie's carseat is still rearfacing and won't go any other way...lots of people seem to be leaving their toddlers rearffacing now anyway.
April 27th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He did have a Chevy Impala but it finally bit the dust after 250,000+ miles. Now he is driving a Chevy S-10, it actually belongs to his dad now but was originally his. I keep telling him to buy it back since he's putting all these miles on it but he wants something bigger and more comfortable to drive.
April 27th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm.. first he had a Chevy Truck and it bit the dust... then he had a Chevy Blazer which was mine before we got my car.. then it bit the dust. Then he had a Ford Ranger.. then it bit the dust. Then a Geo tracker and he blew out the motor.. now he drives a mini-van that we only paid $800 for.... it won't last forever, but considering he's gone through all these vehicles in the last 5 years....... we weren't shelling out much money for a vehicle for him LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
08 Jeep Commander we got it right after we got my 08 Town & Country.
I told him I wanted the Jeep and he could take the van
The dc don't fit well in it though.
April 27th, 2010, 08:24 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
09 Benz cl500
April 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
dh drives a ford expedition which was mine before we had too many kiddos to fit lol.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
a chevy duramax

He has to have something that pulls a stocktrailer.
April 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For now he has my old mini van a 94 Chevy Trans Sport. We are waiting for my dad to get a newer car ready for us. My dad has a used car dealership.

It's been a little over 6 months that we have been waiting and I just pray the mini van holds out. It has doesn't start when it rains and it has stalled many times while driving. It doesn't make the best impression when my husband is meeting with clients for work.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he normally drives my 2001 Subaru Forester, but he's also got a 2008 Dodge Megacab for camping
April 27th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Mommy to Many
We have a 2004 Kia Sedona and a 2010 Infiniti QX56. We just got the Infiniti because a my WC lawsuit finally came through. He went without a car for over a year so technically the Infiniti is his although we will both drive it as much as we can and admittedly I drive it the most. Conversely, he will drive the Sedona more often than me because he uses it to transport his DJ equipment to gigs. We want to get a 12 or 16 passenger used van in a few months whenever we can find one at a good price.
April 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote
It has doesn't start when it rains and it has stalled many times while driving. It doesn't make the best impression when my husband is meeting with clients for work.
When was the last time the spark plugs & wires were changed? Typically the whole 'not starting when it rains' is indicative of these needing a change; but also there are times where the distributer cap is holding condensation & it causes the same issue - it should be checked for cracks.

Both should be an inexpensive fix if you guys are able to do it yourselves.

April 27th, 2010, 04:02 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
We only have one vehicle right now - a Dodge Caravan.

But we want (and kind of need) to get a larger vehicle by the time the twins arrive, and that won't be good for hubby driving back and forth to work, so we'd love something small with good gas mileage for him.

No idea what he might want though.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 27th, 2010, 08:56 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
When was the last time the spark plugs & wires were changed? Typically the whole 'not starting when it rains' is indicative of these needing a change; but also there are times where the distributer cap is holding condensation & it causes the same issue - it should be checked for cracks.

Both should be an inexpensive fix if you guys are able to do it yourselves.
Had this problem with my old truck, as soon as it dried out, it started right up....

SO doesn't have a car, lol, he has his motorcycle and I have the Burb...
When we first got together he had a newer Chevy truck but it was a lemon so he took it back and just used my Z71 when he needed to. We just got rid of the Z71 this weekend, so here in a few months we will be looking for another truck...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

April 28th, 2010, 04:00 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh has a Chevy Silverado Pickup. But it doesn't have good gas mileage since he drives one hour each way to work. For work he drives a 95 Grand Am. Great gas mileage for his commute. I guess I should include the other cars he has too - a 65 Mustang, 65 Galaxie convertible, a dumptruck, a chevy cargo van for tools...LOL We have a lot of vehicles.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
DoubleTrouble07N09's Avatar Twin Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via MSN to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleTrouble07N09
We just got a 2004 Kia Sedona and we have a 2003 Montero Sport. His the is the Montero. We have a Suburban but I had to send it back to the dealership after they tried to beat me out of repairing the transmission even though it wa sunder warranty... they kept rescheduling the repair date until afte rmy warranty was up
11/07 x's2
05/09 x's2

April 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now he's driving a Yamaha V-Star Classic(motorcycle). He also has a Jeep Wrangler that we're getting rid of soon because I'm tired of him stealing my car when it rains(Lincoln Navigator).

April 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
jeep wrangler.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
April 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH has a mercury tracer. Everyone thinks it's "unique" because it is manual.. aparently they are normally automatic. I know HE didn't switch it LOL.. it also means I can't drive the car anyway

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search