Sleeping ??

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are in bed alone (dh is not there) your 8yo (almost 9) son asks to sleep in bed with you do you allow it or shew him off to his own bed? The dc is not sick, just wants to sleep with you.
wwyd?
April 28th, 2010, 07:17 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
IMO, that is too old. I usually kick kids outta my bed by 2-3. I would have told him to go back to his own bed, probably took him there and tucked him back in, gave him a kiss/good night.
#12 is on the way
April 28th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I wouldn't allow it because I am selfish, like my space, sleep naked, don't want feet, elbows etc up my butt, and they make too much noise, movements, etc.
April 28th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cole (6) has come into my room at night and ask if he could sleep w/ me. Usually he's just had a bad dream or heard something scary. I always let him. It's just for one night.
April 28th, 2010, 08:35 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My nine (almost 10) year old daughter tries this all the time. Sometimes I send her back, and other times I am too tired to argue. I try to always say no, because she is attached to my side - but sometimes she just crawls up in the middle and I don't even notice.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 28th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is the ONE thing that we are very strict on. No one is allowed in our bed EVER. Even when they are sick, or little I get up and cuddle them on the couch if they wake at night. Our bed is OUR bed. That's the only place we have to ourselves. If there are thunderstorms and the girls get scared they sleep on the floor next to our bed.

April 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our bed is pretty open for any of the kids, bad dreams, storms or just feeling lonely and upset. I will let our 11 yr old sleep with us if she needs too

April 28th, 2010, 09:51 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
When it was just the kids & I, even my daughter sometimes had a 'nightmare' or whatever excuse she used at 13 to cuddle in my bed at night, and that's fine by me.

They are only children once, and I'd rather have memories of moments like that then ones of the sad faces being sent off just because I like to hog the bed.

April 28th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I think it's too old, so I wouldn't allow it. No one over 2 yrs old is allowed in my bed.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
April 28th, 2010, 11:16 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I allow it if someone has had a nightmare, but only for a little while. After they've calmed down and had a little snuggle, I send them back to bed.
April 29th, 2010, 08:08 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by repti-mom View Post
That is the ONE thing that we are very strict on. No one is allowed in our bed EVER. Even when they are sick, or little I get up and cuddle them on the couch if they wake at night. Our bed is OUR bed. That's the only place we have to ourselves. If there are thunderstorms and the girls get scared they sleep on the floor next to our bed.
We used to be like this with our bed. Then we had little miss ladybug(3yr old). Once she was put in her toddler bed she started every once in a while coming to our bed. Dh and I, too tired to put her back to bed let her stay. Plus in the mornings she gets up way too early. She is one of those smiling morning people. ugh. Too early kiddo. lol (she gets up so early I need a nap in the afternoons)

With the new house she has been playing musical beds with ours and hers. I had enough of her getting up in the middle of the night and coming into ours. I get up and put her back in hers I don't know how many times a night. Will see how long that lasts when DH gets back late next week.

As for the older kids. They are put back in their beds regardless of gender. Once little miss ladybug understands she needs to stay in her bed I will be happier. lol I can't stand feet in my back or being headbutted in the back. I love my space and being able to spread out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search