The last 5 years....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have really been having a rough time and just feeling pretty down the last few days (and today has just been AWFUL and it isn't even noon yet!). I was talking to a friend yesterday and was telling her how since I quit my job, got married, and became a SAHM almost 5 years ago, that I haven't really felt like I've accomplished much or contributed much to anything and that that in addition to never having much money, always feeling pulled 50 different ways, constanting fixing one problem just to move on to the next.. everything has just really got me down. She was very adament that I have accomplished and contributed a lot in the last 5 years and told me that I should just sit down and make a list of everything that has happened in the last 5 years so I can see how far I've come and what all I've had a part in. So I did and couldn't believe how much has changed and what all has happened in only 5 years...

In 5 years...

-I've quit a job I had held for almost 8 years
-Graduated College with Honors to get my bachelors is Psychology
-Got Married
-Walked my husband though his great-aunt's death (he was very close to her)
-Got Pregnant with Noah and dealt with a very difficult pregnancy
-Supported my husband through changing not only a job but his career path
-Helped my mom go through the channels to FINALLY divorce my dad
-Helped my husband deal with his Dad's heart attack (which wasn't easy at all.. they are very close)
-Made the 3 hour drive in 2 hours to the hospital my grandma was at when they said 2 hours would tell us if she'd make it or not and was there when she took the first breath on her own.
-Made it through Noah's difficult delivery
-Got pregnant with Nicky
-Helped my mom through her losing her job and having no where else to turn
-Delivered Nicky
-Dealt with Nicky being in the NICU
-Made it through Nicky's surgery
-Called 911 for the first time in my life when Nicky turned blue
-Basically learned a whole new way to care for a baby with all the different things we had to do with Nicky
-Made the 3 hour trip home with 2 small kids constantly to help with Grandma
-Was there the last day my Grandma was conscious and made sure she was able to hold and kiss both boys
-Lost my Grandma who I was EXTREMELY close to
-Found out I was pregnant with Aly the same day Grandma died
-Survived 4 terrifying days of Noah being hospitalized with 104.1 fever and problems breathing
-Helped Brian though losing his Grandpa
-Lost my Uncle I was close to
-Delivered Aly
-Survived Brian losing his job and worked together to get him a new job right away
-Repaired a HUGE part of our relationship that was not in a good place (still a work in progress)
-And am now pregnant again with what is not shaping up to be the easiest of pregnancies

It's really amazing when you think about what just 5 little years can bring!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, when you list it all out you must feel like superwoman I'm sorry for all the losses in your life, but it looks like with every loss you have gained a beautiful child.

April 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry it's been so tough. I think a lot of us SAHM's understand how hard it can be. I'm sitting here typing this quickly as I grab a 2 minute lunch, than it's off to school the older kids. We don't get breaks. It looks like you've had a lot going on it 5 years. It can be hard. Maybe try making a list of all things you can/will/have accomplish. Hang in there.

April 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow - you have accomplished a lot in five years. I hope the list mad you feel better about your contribution.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 29th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((Hugs))) You've done alot, you should be proud!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search