Is your husband

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The "ruler" of the household?

No one is right or wrong here, just curious.

Mine is not. We are totally equal, if he told me how to run the household we wouldn't have as many kids as we have, because we'd never have sex

April 29th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No I pretty much manage the household and he is fine with that. If it ever came down to a big decision with the family that we butted heads on I would go with what he wanted because I do believe that wives should submit to their husbands. We've been married eight years though and that has never happened. I make all the day to day decisions with the kids and house since I am home, and we talk about bigger things together.
April 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You changed your user name!! I was like who in the world...??? Makes sense now .

There was a thread a few months ago that talked about submitting to your husband. After reading what everyone wrote I turned to my dh and asked him if I was submissive and he laughed in my face and told me to get off the internet. Which I didn't do. Soooo, I guess technically I rule since I'm the only adult here on a permanent basis. I rule BUT I don't overrule, does like make sense?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 29th, 2010, 09:23 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's definitely not the ruler. We're equals but in different areas. Now that I don't work he does most of the financial things (investing, bills etc) whereas I make basically all the kid decisions (schooling, extracurriculars etc).
April 29th, 2010, 11:37 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
HA! The thread from a few weeks ago might be what you're looking for.

My husband is NOT the "ruler" and that monicker makes me roll my eyes, to be quite honest.

But he IS the head of our household.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
He's the head of household on our taxes. Does that count?

I make sure the house and budget runs smoothly, he really doesn't do all that much here. Mainly because he works 60+ hours a week, he sleeps most of the time he's home. He has his job and I have mine, which is the household. He may earn the money and I may be a SAHM but since there are no jobs here, this is my job.

If I asked him if I was submissive, he's had me committed or wet himself laughing so hard.

April 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Veteran
I think its the other way around, hehe...

April 30th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol yeah I changed my name I was super bored last night. Sorry for the confusion lol I'll probably change it back today

April 30th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I asked DH if he thought he ruled the house and he said and I quote... "No man actually rules his house.. some women just allow their men to think they do"

I make all the little decisions... I make all the big decisions... I make all the medium decisions. I take care of the finances, the house, the kids, all the extras we do... he goes to work, does the yard work (which he says is therapeutic.. I don't get it lol), and fixes anything that breaks (which he is AWESOME at). DH cannot make a decision.. it stresses him out way too much, he hems and haws and never reaches a conclusion, and even when I make him decide something he still asks me if I think it's right I'm a decider and then I follow through on it right away. It's just what works for us.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 30th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
no he's not

I am not either.

I don't think either of us feels like one of us in the "ruler", we're a team.

We usually say that I am the boss (because I am the one in the house more) but he is the leader.
April 30th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherFrog View Post
He's the head of household on our taxes. Does that count?

I make sure the house and budget runs smoothly, he really doesn't do all that much here. Mainly because he works 60+ hours a week, he sleeps most of the time he's home. He has his job and I have mine, which is the household. He may earn the money and I may be a SAHM but since there are no jobs here, this is my job.

If I asked him if I was submissive, he's had me committed or wet himself laughing so hard.
I do overrule him too, I'm with the kiddos 24/7, I do the finances, I am at home more so push comes to shove, its my choice, that being said I am a huge pushover and can empathize deeply so I really weigh his opinion before I make the final decision.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Super Mommy
"Yes dam it" Dh said! and then he said why.

Then I asked if I was submissive and he said "you better be or I'd beat you down!"

He said both of these with a smile and laugh and said get off the computer and get in the kitchen and make me my turkey pot pie women I just rolled my eyes.

We are equals but I rely on him a lot to help me more with the bigger stuff.

p.s. If you knew us you would know that that's the way my dh and I joke around.

April 30th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Equals here - we each have some areas where we have a bit more control because that's where our talents lie but neither one of us is in charge.

May 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make all the household and kid decisions, I pay the bills, I organize the kids' activities, I work from home and in the home, I buy all gifts and send all cards. I arrange all childcare.

He works lots, makes us money, cuts the grass and weedeats, does laundry and cooks and dishes when I'm sick of doing it, he kills spiders and ants, puts up photo hooks for me, and keeps his garage clean, and buys me jewellry as requested, and books vacations for us. And we consult each other on major decisions regarding kids and home. But realistically, I get last say, does that make me the "ruler"? I am 6 years older than him, seniority rules in our house!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search