You'll never believe this

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday my dd wanted shrimp for dinner for her bday. So, dh and I went to the grocery store to get some shrimp and have it steamed. Anyway - when we go to leave - we get in the car and dh notices a child in the minivan next to us. He is eating a lollipop and strapped into his carseat. And he's ALONE. He's waving at us and smiling. Dh is appalled and then we notice that there is another child in the car and she appears to be about 3 or so. (Not in a carseat - just laying in the very back seat.) I go back in the store to get the store security and dh stays with the car. (We couldn't just leave!!!) They are getting the manager of the store - and I go back out with dh. These two little kids alone in the van - and the drivers window was down all the way. Who does this???? Then a mom comes strolling out with three bags of groceries - quickly puts them in the van and drives away!!!! She had been in the store long enough to get three bags worth of groceries!! Dh tried to say something to her but she kept her back to him and just got in the car and drove away!! (The little girl wasn't even buckled!)

I hope she is a better mom than I want to give her credit for. Some people.....

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

May 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's terrible. It really makes you wonder where some peoples priorities in life are.
May 1st, 2010, 07:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Some people have no sense. I will leave sleeping kids in the car with one of the two oldest kids, but they are 15 and 13. Otherwise kids go in with me.

I can't even imagine leaving lil ones in the car by themselves.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 1st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
here it will get them killed.
May 1st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Some people have no sense. I will leave sleeping kids in the car with one of the two oldest kids, but they are 15 and 13. Otherwise kids go in with me.

I can't even imagine leaving lil ones in the car by themselves.
this is me too, I will leave sleeping babes with Janessa but never alone.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When the grocery store was still open (with the bank in it) I would leave the kids in the van while I deposited a check or something, but that was ALL of them.. Oh, and I have car seats lol.

May 1st, 2010, 09:45 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! 3 bags!!!
There was a babysitter that did something similar to that in another town near here. She left the kids she was sitting for buckled in their carseats in the car on a hot summer day w/ the window cracked while she went shopping at Marshalls! Someone saw them and called the police and then proceded to try to get them out. Anyway, kids were ok but the sitter got into a lot of trouble for it.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'd kick the sitters arse
May 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'd kick the sitters arse

You and me both.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

May 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Mommy to Many
Seriously?! With all the freakazoids, pedophiles, sociopaths, and psychos running around people STILL leave young children unattended in the car while they run errands? Seriously?! I will admit I have been known to run into the gas station to pay and leave the kids in the car on occasion when the pay at the pump isn't working, but then, my biological oldest is 8 and it would be quite a task for someone to get in, grab one, take them out of their safety seat (even my 8 year old is still in a high back booster), and run with them before I returned a minute later... oh, and without the however many other kiddos I have with me screaming their heads off so loudly the neighboring cars could hear. Or the car alarming. And the headlights flashing... and me not noticing all this going on through the glass paned wall. As for that mother...Wow. Ignorance at it's best right there.... God bless those children. AND good job to you, Shari! That took courage!
May 2nd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
here it will get them killed.
That happens about once a year here. It is unbelievably sad.

This January a Connecticut mom left her kids in the car to go TANNING. It was FREEZING outside and she went in to get a TAN. I am not saying grocery shopping with your kids in the car is ok, because it is NOT, but TANNING? That really irritated the bajeezums out of me.

May 2nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not only by you! Got a "tanning mom" here too.
Police: Mom tanning, kids left in cold car | Earth Times News

May 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! Leaving your kids in the car because you don't want to miss your tanning session is just about the vainest thing ever!!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 2nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is awful!! Kudos to you for letting someone know... even if they didn't get out there before the mom drove away! I don't leave my kids in the car alone EVER... not even in our driveway... and we live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. There was a news story a year or so ago about a mom a couple towns over who had strapped her daughter into her carseat and started the car and was about to leave when she realized she forgot something in the house. She ran in for all of 2 seconds to grab it and came right back out and someone had stolen her car with her daughter inside. Luckily they dropped the little girl off at a church, but still.... if pay at the pump isn't working I don't get gas there.. I go through the drive thru at the bank.. if I'm running home just to change a kid and leave again, they all come in... my kids go in with me EVERYWHERE.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

May 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
Mommy to Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama to 3 Monsters View Post
That is awful!! Kudos to you for letting someone know... even if they didn't get out there before the mom drove away! I don't leave my kids in the car alone EVER... not even in our driveway... and we live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. There was a news story a year or so ago about a mom a couple towns over who had strapped her daughter into her carseat and started the car and was about to leave when she realized she forgot something in the house. She ran in for all of 2 seconds to grab it and came right back out and someone had stolen her car with her daughter inside. Luckily they dropped the little girl off at a church, but still.... if pay at the pump isn't working I don't get gas there.. I go through the drive thru at the bank.. if I'm running home just to change a kid and leave again, they all come in... my kids go in with me EVERYWHERE.
You are an awesome mommy! I was like that too when my kids were younger. My hubby used to shake his head because I'd be dragging 4 or 5 under three with me EVERYWHERE, even into the bank or to drop off dry cleaning. Now that my oldest biological child is 8 and my oldest stepson is 18 it's a nonissue. Even with the 18 year old I never leave the keys in the car though!!
May 2nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
My 15 year old son is 5'11" and 195 pounds. He sits in the drivers seat if I am running in somewhere. Most people already think he is older, 18-21. So I have no issues leaving him in the van with lil ones.

A few years back we had a mom who left her two kids in the car in the summer while she went to get her hair done. The kids didn't make it. Stupid *****
May 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My 15 year old son is 5'11" and 195 pounds. He sits in the drivers seat if I am running in somewhere. Most people already think he is older, 18-21. So I have no issues leaving him in the van with lil ones.

A few years back we had a mom who left her two kids in the car in the summer while she went to get her hair done. The kids didn't make it. Stupid *****
That is HORRIBLE!

Yeah, I my 16 year old son is big like a grown man and I still won't leave Sky with him (I don't think he knows how to calm him down when he's upset) but he will stay with my 3 yo dd at times.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search