I don't want my children to be happy

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 06:29 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ran across this blog post today and thought that you ladies would appreciate it. It is about their adopting another little girl but I think the same can be said for those of us who are criticized for wanting to have large families. Anyway just thought I'd pass it along because I appreciated reading it. I realize it is written from a Christian perspective but I think the principles addressed are universal.

It's Almost Naptime!!: I don't want my children to be happy

[

Last edited by GiftsfromGod; May 6th, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
May 6th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting the link!
May 7th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Veteran
Interesting read
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

May 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Veteran
Thank you for posting that! I really enjoyed reading it!!
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
May 7th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought it was a good read and I agree with some of her points. I think the people who told her she shouldn't adopt another baby because she wouldn't be able to afford college for them all were ridiculous, BUT there is something about the article that really really bugged me... I can't pinpoint what it is just yet, but something definately bugs me about it.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

May 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks...loved it

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 7th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You guys find the best articles. This is exactly what I always say.. if someone tells you you shouldn't have more kids because you're not putting them in college, or buying them gap jeans every other day they can just mind their own business .

Like I always say, the kids that are given EVERYTHING either end up in rehab, or on a bad reality show.

May 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes On A Plane View Post
You guys find the best articles. This is exactly what I always say.. if someone tells you you shouldn't have more kids because you're not putting them in college, or buying them gap jeans every other day they can just mind their own business .

Like I always say, the kids that are given EVERYTHING either end up in rehab, or on a bad reality show.
LOL, I agree...

Interesting reading...

We've been told this before about the whole college thing.... You know what? It is NOT my responsibility as a parent to pay for college. It is my responsibility to provide food, shelter, clothing, and to try my best to raise my kids to be responsible and good people.
Yes I would LOVE to be able to pay for it, but whether I had 1 or 15 kids, there is no way I can outright afford a college tuition. My oldest has already been told this and knows he will have to keep his grades and etc up to hopefully get a scholarship or he will have to get a student loan..
College tuition is not a right or a given... It is something that has to be worked for and earned...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

May 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I don't know this lady or anything so I'm not saying I agree 100% with everything but the part that really got to me were the people criticizing her and telling her that her kids would resent her for not paying for their college. I am the oldest of 7 kids and I worked hard to put myself through college and did so without every resenting my parents or their decisions. I can't imagine what my life would be like if my parents decided not to have any/all of my siblings just so they could pay for my college or designer clothes etc. I would have missed out on my very closest friends in life. I guess another reason this hit home is because one of my younger sisters is graduating HS in a couple weeks and has been stressing over college finances but never in a way that is resentful to my parents. Anyway it just hit home with me because there are so many more important things that I want for my kids other than for them to just live life being happy and constantly needing the next bigger and better thing to keep them happy.

[
May 7th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I loved the article and totally agree, thanks for sharing it.
May 8th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really liked this article, even if I had only one child, there's no way I'm "buying" my daughter a boob job. My kids will have love, security, safety, and food-help with college is a gift, not an entitlement, regardless of how many kids I have.
May 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think buying your daughter a boob job is telling her that she isn't beautifull just the way she is, and that's she's not good enough the way she is.
If my kid wanted a boob job as an adult, then fine (maybe if they were really small in proportion to their bodies, I don't know) but I would never be the one to get that wheel in motion.
May 8th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping I can teach my daughter that she is beautiful and wonderful, no matter how big her boobs are
May 8th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did this go from college to boobs? Now I have to go read it!
May 9th, 2010, 06:56 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
LOL...I was thinking the same thing...college....boobs.....wow.

I just had a buncha kids so I never have to get up for the tv remote or a glass of pop. LMBO
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search