Potty training boys?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Help me! RJ is 3.5 will be 4 in august, and doesn't use the potty at all.

I finally put my foot down today and he is not wearing diapers (except at night) until he uses the potty. I don't care how long I have to see his wanker hang out. If only he would stop playing with it .

Do you think this will work?

Noah and Jayde I was lucky enough for them to go to daycare for potty training. Sydney KINDA used the potty at daycare, but we finished it at home, just by me making her clean it up if she had an accident. I think she was just lazy because that fixed it immediately. (she still uses pull ups at night, but to me that's not a big deal)

May 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is he going in the potty at all? We just started PT the twins again yesterday. Oh gosh it is just dreadful!!! But our FAVORITE therapist is leaving us and this is her last week so we are working on it. I would love to cut our diapers in half since I have 4 kids in them right now.

Anyway our therapist has PT'd lots of kids and most are boys that are on the spectrum so this is no easy task. Her method is big boy pants and taking him to the potty every 15 mins. And he has to help clean up his mess when he makes one.

So I would say based on what Nathan's therapist told me and her experience it should work. She is promising me that my little guy will be day time PT before she leaves us on Friday...and she has never let me down.

Good luck, I really am looking forward to what everyone else says since I really have zero experience in this.

Nathan

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

May 8th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I am not going to give a treat every time he pees, but I did promise him something if he poops on the toilet.

The only bad today is I put a shirt on him that is long, so he has to ask for help to tuck it up in the back before he pees lol. He can get on the toilet by himself though.

May 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Potty training boys sucks. Throw cheerio's in the potty to aim at, at least they think it is fun to try. I have to work on Zay, he's 2 1/2 now, so it's time.
#12 is on the way
May 8th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I am just SOOO tired of changing his poop 30 times a day. This kid seriously poops TOO MUCH

May 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan was 2.5 last May when we PT'd him, we went from total refusal to sit, to 100% day dry in five days. We were living in the camping trailer while at the NICU with the twins, so one of us was always with Nolan for three weeks straight. He wore only a t-shirt and let him run around and put the potty in the middle of the room. After he had urine running down his leg twice, he figured out that we'd feed him M&M's if he sat on the potty, then got two M&M's if he did a pee or poop. My son always responded well to candy bribes Worked for us. E isn't ready, but she just turned two; I'll try her again in a month same way, bare bum and a potty in every room, and bribes of course.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search