Chocolate flavored baby formula....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 04:20 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AT&T - Chocolate-flavored formula spurs childhood obesity debate...

What do you think?
May 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SERIOUSLY? I think that chocolate milk is like ice cream...it's a treat with no REAL nutritional value. The amount of sugar overrides any nutrition in it. A baby doesn't know what that kind of flavor IS....they think momma's milk is YUMMY....formula (if needed) is enough...my kiddos gobbled it down that needed it. I always feel sorry for the people that started the flavored milk thing with their kids, and then the child would no longer take white milk.

My children wouldn't get anything to drink if that were their case...it's either white milk or water...Chocolate is rarely purchased...and when it is it is a special treat....

UGH...Anyway...I got off on a tangent there...I think it's absolutely ABSURD and that it should be trashed!!!!!!

I DO believe that it'll lead even MORE toward obesity. Did you know that obesity is among the TOP leading causes of death in our country! Right up there with smoking!!!!!! On one documentary I watched, it said at the rate we are going obesity will be the TOP LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH before long....really!!? WOW....

WE are the fattest nation in america....with disgusting food habits.

I'm not excluding myself....btw...I know I'm overweight as well....but that doesn't make it ok.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Well, I am not anti chocolate milk for older kids. Mine love it, and still drink white milk. However I wouldn't buy chocolate baby formula.

Okay, read (most) of the article now. I thought it was for infants. I wouldn't give chocolate formula to infants ever. This is like "toddler" transitional formula?? I have never even used that stuff, so I wouldn't give it to my kids either.

The rest of the article about kids eating habits was interesting. I have no problems getting my kids to eat veggies, fruits, yogurt, whole grains, cottage cheese, or anything I buy for myself thats even remotely considered healthy.
#12 is on the way

Last edited by UrbanMomma; May 8th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.
May 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So they need something to get them off formula to whole milk-why??? Maybe just melt a chocolate bar into the baby's bottle or sippy and let them drink that-not a great idea. Does it come with a bottle of insulin and a bunch of needles?
May 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We actually just got a sample of this (only it was the vanilla flavor not chocolate) in the mail yesterday. Somehow got signed up for formula samples etc even though we breastfeed. The adds with it do not refer to it as a "transition" to milk even but are all about how it is better than milk because it has DHA and iron. It is very high in sugar and you mix it with water just like regular formula so it's not even mixed with milk as a transition type of thing to flavor the milk. Really it's just a way the formula companies are trying to make an extra buck after kids are "weaned" at a year.

[
May 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always gave my kids chocolate milk when they weaned from nursing. I would probably drink chocolate formula if the situation were dire enough. Shoot, I skip the milk and just suck the chocolate right out of the hershy can.
May 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't use it but I don't think there is a need for transitional formula anyways.
May 9th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
admitting I didn't read the ENTIRE article either and assumed it was for baby and not transitional milk....I still stand by what I said earlier though just put toddler where it says baby LOL...

Farmerswife LOL...I could just eat the powder mix or hersey syrup out of the can/bottle as well...LOL....though I still dont think it's ok for toddlers to have that as their "milk source" LOL...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 9th, 2010, 06:08 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ack No not the powder out of the can *choking, gasping coughing up dust*

I did not read the whole article either. I just thought it was sad.
May 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not against chocolate milk, but I wouldn't buy that stuff.. why would anyone spend that much money on something like that?? I always looked forward to when I could quit buying formula LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

May 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we do a happy dance each time kids get off formula, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search