If you expect nothing.....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 09:01 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
you can never be disappointed.

My two oldest sons and SO are here this morning. Not one of them has even said "Happy Mother's Day". I don't expect gifts because we have no money, but when my son, Aaron asked me what I wanted yesterday I said a clean house and a nap. Well, my house is clean, because I cleaned it, and he and SO are taking naps. I guess I should have clarified that I meant ME taking a nap. *sigh*

My younger kids are with their dad, but you would think he'd at least have them call and say "HMD".

I am off to do some laundry now. < So I don't wake them.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 9th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
(((hugs))) hon hopefully they surprise you with something great.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well that's crappy. Don't the school age kids make something at school?

May 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Nope, they didn't. At least not that I got. Whatever, I really don't expect much at all, but a HMD would have been nice and I'd love to go lay down....okay, and I know I am pushing it, but a cheeseburger (from Wendy's..I even have a coupon) would be nice.
May 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy

None of mine have said a word either.
May 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Mother's Day, Momma!!! I hope Nikaiyaah decides to surprised you w/ labor today. That would be an awesome gift!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

May 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
3 of mine haven't said a word. My SO told me HMD this morning while we were still lazing in bed, then we went for coffee & a quick breakfast alone.
My oldest programmed a little thing for me that when I double clicked on it, it said HMD in flashy colours.
Otherwise it's a normal day since things still need to get done, but I don't usually celebrate MD so it's been just fine by me

May 9th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'll live, it's not like I really celebrate either, but ****, three lil words would've been nice. So took out some stuff to cook....pork chops and brats...both of which I hate.
May 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Mommy to Many
I'm throwing a pity party for myself too. No HMD, gifts. cards, anything. I'm very depressed.
May 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM
But wait....SO (can't figure out what else to call him) will want recognition on Father's Day...and heaven forbid I forget a 16th or 14th bday. I am not saying anything. I think I'll go get Taco Bell. I have some change in the bottom of my wallet.
May 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Hope your day gets better. Happy Mother's Day.

May 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS chica...it's tough...I'm alone (with the kids) at a house other than my own (my parents are coming home from a vaca today)...so we had to clean THEIR house (yeah mine needs it too)....and we are cooking dinner....we as in ME and the mouse in my pocket! LOL....

So..for MY mothers day...I cleaned and cooked and did laundry....Yummo!

Josh DID say "Oh yeah, HMD" to me today after my 7 yo said it....and then said I didn't get you anything...I said it's ok I know...then he told me he WAS planning on going by kohls and getting me a pair of jeans but thought I'd want to try them on and pick them out...which was a sweet thought...

Though in about a week I'll know if we have another unexpected blessing on the way or not (shhh)....and so really I dont want to pick out some jeans that I can't wear for another year....LOL....so I immediately said "Oooh or I could go to that new fiber store and get some yummy YARN!"....makes me giddy thinking about it...

I'm old! LOL Excited about yarn! oh boy...

Anyway...HMD!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You're better than I am, because I would've said something by now. No way in heck would they be napping while I cleaned! I don't expect expensive gifts or anything like that for Mother's Day, but I expect to be acknowledged and in the week leading up to Mother's day, I make sure it's known that mother's day is coming DH got up with the kids this morning and I got to sleep late.. I haven't changed a diaper yet today.. DH made lunch and is making supper. On Friday we all went out together for pizza and DH helped all 3 kids make me a card and trace their handprints. Noah made me a flower at preschool. I make Father's Day just as special for DH because of all he does for us. For some reason, we as moms are taught that it's wrong for us to expect anything for ourselves and I really don't get that.. wake those insensitive men up and tell them point blank that you want Wendy's for mother's day (or whatever else you want) and send them on their way to get it. If they aren't going to give you the day, then take it.. you do so much for all them and DESERVE a day for you, but you'll only get it if you allow yourself to know that you really do deserve it and YOU make it known that you want it.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

May 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM
My mom got me a sunflower to plant outside. My oldest dd picked it out. The other kids came home with some homemade cards. My oldest two finally took all the kids outside to play and give me a break.
That works.
May 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww....glad you got a sweet moment to yourself afterall...and woo hoo for mom and for cards! so sweet

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dislike mothers day. My older two are constantly fighting. Well yesterday was different my sister was here and took them for the afternoon to the skate park and the state park. They finally said HMD to me around 4pm after some words from my sister.

Dh said maybe they didnt know it was Mothers day. I said oh yes they did. They were talking about it all week.

btw what really got me is they were really sweet to dh all morning and all I could think of was it wasn't his day. it was mine. lol Although I understood since he just got back here after three weeks of being gone friday night.

UM glad you got some quiet time and acknowledged by the kiddos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search