Do you have good

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 04:25 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dental insurance? Does it cover everything that all of those little teeth need?

My dh's insurance pays for two cleanings a year. Anything over that it only pays 50%. The last time all four kids needed extra dental work - and now we have over $1,000 in dental bills all of sudden. ACK!!

I already had one in braces. Erin will surely need them soon.

I hate dental bills.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

May 10th, 2010, 05:17 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
my dental and vision is really good...and I love that I have medical that doesn't need referrals.
#12 is on the way
May 10th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No dental at all. Haven't been to the dentist since I got off my parents insurance. I really want to go one day. RJ got to go through headstart, and the kids actually visit with school and they can get that varnish stuff on their teeth during that visit if you want.

May 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have alright dental through the military but once Dh is offically retired at the end of June. The premiums go way up and we will not be able to afford it.

May 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have real dental insurance. The dentist I go to doesn't even take insurance. He is expensive, but good. I only go once every 2 years. DH refuses to go at all.

The kids dentist is (follow me, here) my husband's boss's wife's stepmother's brother. The boss keeps the dentist's office computers running smoothly and the dentist sees the boss's kids and our kids for free. FREE. Free cavity filling, free sealants, free cleanings, free everything. I don't know how long it will last, but as long as it does, we are surely thankful.

He hasn't offered to pay for braces, though.
May 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
My insurance covers 80% of the 'standard' stuff. The kids should be 100% covered between mine & the ex, but he's an impossible ba*****d and will do anything to avoid the financial costs of the 4 kids.
Hope he enjoys having his license cancelled for being a deadbeat

May 10th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think our insurance is that great. It costs us like $30 a month and pays for two cleanings a year. I don't know what the percentage of other coverage is, but we do have to pay for any work. Fillings are pretty reasonable, but I paid well over $1,000 to have my wisdom teeth out. We will also have to pay over half the cost for the kids' braces.
May 10th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't pay anything for my kids' regular dental stuff, through a government program (here I go working the system again). I do have to pay for braces, and tomorrow I will be paying the last of 14 equal payments of $373, and get a years break before our next dd gets hers on.

Dh and I have a bit of dental insurance, it pays 70% of basic stuff (cleanings and fillings) but not for crowns.

We just went to the dentist a few weeks ago, and none of my kids had cavities YAY.
May 10th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I each have a plan through work, so we have 100% direct bill coverage for all of us, very nice. That should also cover braces if req'd. I had a crown put on this spring that cost $2800, I paid none of it, phew! We get cleanings every 6 months, and Nolan will see his dentist for the first time when he turns 4 in October. Otherwise the little guys get seen for free every 6 months at the public health unit paid by the prov govt
May 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't even have dental now, the coverage we had was terrible it seemed like it never covered anything because we just kept getting bills. So we dropped it.
May 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
our insurance is bearable...we just upgraded so that we could cover ortho work....*sigh*...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now we don't have dental, but it will become effective in June.. it'll pay 100% for 2 cleanings and 2 sets of x-rays a year. Then the plan pays 70%. Doesn't seem worth it to me until someone gets a problem that you just can't ignore.. like one of my teeth now and you HAVE to go. Noah's the only one of the kids who has been to the dentist and he didn't have any cavities. I haven't taken Nicky or Aly yet even though I've been told by the pediatrician that kids start going at 1 year now but our dentist rolled his eyes at that and said unless there is a HUGE problem they don't do anything for kids that young.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search