Burn out

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2004, 09:00 PM
zonapellucida
feeling the stress lately--anyone else? Times of transition and change are particularly hard with my kids--they simply do not like it.
August 28th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Carol
I've been a little stressed lately too. School started back up last Tuesday, and although the girls were excited to go, they are not yet used to the new schedule and are a bit cranky in the evenings, which makes for LONG evenings. Jennica is devastated that she can't go to school too, so she's a major drama queen for about 1/2 hour after the kids get on the school bus. It's not pretty. Add that to some neighborhood drama (long story short, someone got in my house a few nights ago, and I'm still kind of freaked out. Plus several other neighborhood issues) and I've been a wee bit tense.
August 29th, 2004, 05:39 AM
YankeeMom
I'm trying to find a happy balance btw my kids' time with me, my ME time, and my time for school work. So far it's working, but my kids haven't started school yet.

Dh on the other hand, seriously needs to learn to not even bother bringing out the school work until the kids are in bed. Every stinking day he tries to study or do homework while the kids are up or I'm trying to cook dinner or something and ends up throwing a hissy fit because he can't study. HELLO! You have three hours of peace & quiet after the kids go to bed...USE IT!
August 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
oreokitten
Aidan starts soon, not sure when, I guess I should find out huh? lol. We have almost everything ready for him but I am stressing about having to get up earlier to get him ready since I am up at least every 2 hours with Jillian. Also, Aidan isn't wanting to go to school. He starts 1st grade and he is a little nervous and also doesn't want to miss being home so he can play video games. The poor kid needs to care about something else, lol. I try to limit his time to 3 times a day for 1/2 an hour each time but I think that's causing him withdrawls, lol.
August 30th, 2004, 07:27 AM
yes the whole back to school thing stresses me out. then the holidays come and that's just another killer. i only have 4 though, but it's enough to keep me busy. plus i work from home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search