?I must be busy??

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I was dropping Nolan off at preK, I had taken E with me. As we walked out, one of the moms whose 4 year old is in N's class and our EIP group came in with her daughter. R has bilat hearing aids, can't sit up, has good comprehension and is in a w/c, and I know she has a brother who's about 3 years old. And R's mom says that I must be busy with four under four--the woman carrying her 4 year old on her hip as she pushes a tiny w/c through a door, thinks I've got my hands full-wow! Either I look like I'm not managing, or she's amazing

Lucky mother to five!

September 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, you are an amazing mom .

One of ours went to speech therapy for 3 years. I remember how hard it was getting her to and fro and than I would see the other moms with children in wheelchairs and crutches fighting ice and snow and think......wow, I have it easy. But one of the mom's told me she feels honored to help her child with so much. I feel so blessed to just talk with these moms, they are incredible.

September 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You're a great mom!!

I think the difference is that even though this mom totally has her hands full with those special needs, she has less chaos around her than you.
September 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
like FW said in another post, it really made me realize how truly blessed I really am-with the screaming and the poop outs and tantrums, trying to PT three at once, dragging all four to get one kid to 2 hours of preK each day, I have speech and physio and early intervention in our home monthly--there's nothing I would rather be doing right now, and I am so lucky that each of them is healthy and thriving This is truly the best job I've ever had!

Lucky mother to five!

September 18th, 2010, 06:06 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are a super mom Marie!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to be friends with a mom when I homeschooled who had a 3 year old in a wheelchair with m/s. Even though her job was more difficult, mine LOOKED more difficult lol. For example: at the pool gatherings she sat in the shade reading to her dd while I chased mine around to make sure he didn't fall into the pool.

I always find women like the one you mention an inspiration. To still be able to look outside their world and notice other's is amazing. The friend I just mentioned had this quote at the end of all her emails...

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab our problems back."
September 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
I used to be friends with a mom when I homeschooled who had a 3 year old in a wheelchair with m/s. Even though her job was more difficult, mine LOOKED more difficult lol. For example: at the pool gatherings she sat in the shade reading to her dd while I chased mine around to make sure he didn't fall into the pool.

I always find women like the one you mention an inspiration. To still be able to look outside their world and notice other's is amazing. The friend I just mentioned had this quote at the end of all her emails...

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab our problems back."
So true. And I'm going to borrow that quote.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 8th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I met up with that mom this week, and I think we're gonna start having playdates at my house once a week-her littles would have a great time here

Lucky mother to five!

October 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Marie - that's great!! Thanks for the update!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 8th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats wonderful

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search