wedding rings

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
We don't wear them.

Dh lost his in a pool before we even hit our 1 year anniversary and a couple years ago I bought him a $50 one and he lost that within a month. Sooo typical of him.

I wore mine for the first few years but it always bugged me cause I'm not a jewelry person. Then I was moving a dresser and it fell and smashed my hand against the wall and bent my ring!

I just keep it in a safe place as a keepsake now.
Wow! I think you may have married the male version of me!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 30th, 2010, 09:11 PM
MrzRoman's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Currently living in Oxnard, Ca hometown Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via MSN to MrzRoman Send a message via Yahoo to MrzRoman
Do you think married couples should wear their rings at all times, regardless of how long they have been married? Yes, unless it's a work hazard.

Does your dh wear his wedding always? Do you? DH didn't in the beginning because of his job. But, he's lost both rings I've bought for him. He will wear them when he finds it but, he doesn't wear one.n I wear mine when I leave the house. But, DD decided she wanted to wear it last week and lost it somewhere in the house. And I can't find my original set from when we first got married.

Mrs. C Roman:
Mommy to:

Jahdiel Benjamin, Jaiden Jaiver, Jalen Elias, Jaslene Mercedes, Jace Anthony
October 1st, 2010, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
We have cheap white gold bands from CostCo because I knew I would lose mine.

I lose my wedding band at least 4 times a year. I always find it though. (so far..) I don't really care for jewelery so it's just not something I think of.

And DH was the one to lose his. He was working on a construction site, 10 stories up in the air installing glass and the ring fell off. It had been slipping off a lot in the cold (we were married in October so we sized for our bands in the summer and since I do not wear jewelery I never really thought about swelling and shrinking) and then one day - off it slid. He offered to get my name tattooed where his ring would go, but it feels almost like a jinx. Although it is a romantic idea. I don't know. Almost 6 years later and I still haven't taken him up on that offer yet....

As far as what other people do, makes no difference to me.

October 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not married yet, but when we do get married I don't think wearing rings will be a big deal to us.... We have talked about getting matching ring tattoos though.

In my previous marriage I never wore it because of safety issues, with SO it was a safety issue for him then as well.
I wear a ring now on my left finger, not an engagement ring or anything, just a band with our names on it, but it still feels weird because I haven't had it long and it's been 10 years since I've worn a ring of any kind. I'm just not a jewelry person...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

October 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
We both ALWAYS wear our rings.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
Scarlett Arya('15)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

October 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I think to each his own. I always wear mine but it is a plain gold band because I am practical and picked it out looking for something that I wouldn't have to think/worry about. My husband wears his on the right hand because he drives a forklift and the way he steers with his left hand it was getting in the way but if we go out I will remind him to change fingers so the ladies know he is taken it wouldn't bother me if he just never wore it but because he does I would be offended if he suddenly stopped with no explanation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search