Hotel vs Staying w/ Family?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Which do you prefer?

I am about to take the kids on a 5 hr road trip to spend 4 nights near my parents. They have a yappy dog, a small ranch home (1200 sqft) and we really don't have a very good relationship. Is it really weird to get a hotel for me and the kids? We are planning on spending lots of time playing in my folks back yard and going to some fall festivities together but I really would love some time away from them in the evening and a more child friendly sleeping zone.

Should I just suck it up cuz it's free to stay with them or take my hubby's hotel points and get a hotel room?

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done the hotel before at my IL's, their house is really tiny, 2 bdrom and maybe 800 sq ft-and they have no cribs or cots or anything--do a hotel if you have the pts.
October 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you can afford it definately do a hotel. I can do a day or so with inlaws, but than would have to stay at a hotel. A little space never hurts, especially if you are together all day.

Love your siggy btw, your kids are adorable.

October 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'd be at the hotel if money allows.
#12 is on the way
October 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd definately prefer the hotel, but I'd probably end up sucking it up and staying with family. Whenever we go up to see Brian's family or over to see my family, we always stay with them since we don't see them that often and they'd be hurt if we didn't stay there.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

October 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depends on the family members. There are some that I wouldn't mind staying with and would probably prefer it because it would give us extra spending cash which means more fun things to do. However, there are others that I would not stay with at all and a hotel would be vital.

In your case, I'd probably get a hotel.
October 8th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well im at my folks house. decided it made more sense. although i had to remove a shot gun from the room the 3 big kids are in, my clothes smell like moth balls and my dads bad joke caused me to puke from biting a 1-yr old cupcake.

but the kids r having fun, and the bonus is we have money to do the pumpkin patch rides on sunday.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search