Gtky 9

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2010, 05:02 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does it take much to get you frazzled? Do you have a short fuse? How much can the kids push you before you blow up? Are you a yeller?

Today's GTKY is how well you handle stress ~ tell us about how you handle stress/anger.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM
It actually depends on the child or my husband! I have one said 9 year old that knows how to get me frazzled in no time! The same goes with my hubby too!

Most of the time I try to make sure to stop it before I lose it

Yes, I can be a yeller but not normally.

I try to keep my stress under control.... I used to do yoga or go for a run.
October 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
As a general rule I can keep it under control, but of course like anyone else I have been known to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Usually I can recognize it and keep myself in check, but on occasion the older kids will put me in my place.

If I feel myself getting ready to blow, I will tell them to watch the kids or put a movie on and lock myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes. I take a book or grab my phone and play on the internet. That is usually enough to help me pull it together.

I am a yeller..............but only after I have asked the same question 20 times.
October 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty patient. It's takes a lot for me to yell.

October 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a yeller really, my kids hate it when I yell, and the way they have me not yell is to listen to me the first or second time I ask them something, they listen, I don't yell, win/win.
I am a planner, so I dont' get too frazzled too often, and especially now that the kids are older and a bit more independent it's much better.
October 10th, 2010, 07:37 PM
MrzRoman's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Currently living in Oxnard, Ca hometown Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via MSN to MrzRoman Send a message via Yahoo to MrzRoman
I don't get frazzled a lot. I don't like yelling but, I will if needed. Being pregnant has given me a short fuse, mainly with DH. He has been a bit of a jerk lately. Some days everything he does makes me wanna scream.

Mrs. C Roman:
Mommy to:

Jahdiel Benjamin, Jaiden Jaiver, Jalen Elias, Jaslene Mercedes, Jace Anthony
October 11th, 2010, 08:21 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Does it take much to get you frazzled? I guess it depends on the day. Somedays are better than others, but really, I'm pretty patient but I lose it if I have asked the same question over and over and don't get a response.

Do you have a short fuse? I used to, but noticed it is getting longer

How much can the kids push you before you blow up? Are you a yeller? I do yell, but I really, really try not to. Sometimes that's the only way I can get them to hear me over the noise. The quiet soft voice just doesn't work with my kids. I know when I'm getting ready to be pushed over the line and "lose it" so I try to take a mommy time-out to get myself to sit back and calm myself. I'll throw in a movie the kids will watch and I take a break. When I'm not pregnant or recovering from delivery, I am a runner and that helps soooo much with my patience meter!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

October 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Depends on my mood.

I can't say that I am not a yeller, I can be awful about that at times. I do lose it when the teenagers think that it's somehow acceptable to swear at my husband or myself and act like we owe them the world.

My 16 yo's newest thing now is "All you've ever done with your life is pop out babies." I told him to think of another method of insult, lol.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
October 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am kinda a lil on the mean side if you upset me. I reserve 90% of my limited patience for my kids. I try to share the rest with the general public.
#12 is on the way
October 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
um, are we considered public?

Overall, I think I'm fairly patient with most adults, unless they're being lazy or playing silly snots. With the kids, I'm very patient with the first five requests for the same behavior change, but on the 6th request for the same offence, I yell and time out. It seems like I ask the same question repeatedly for each kid multiple times each day, though. They're all alive and growing and happy, what more can I ask for, lol?
October 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't take much at all to get me frazzled.

I think I have a lot of patience with the kids. Sometimes I am amazed at how much patience I have during one of Nathan's tantrums, I know he can't help it I guess. I yell more at DH and then Reagan and Riley in that order, I must be doing it on their level of understanding I guess. I really only yell at Nathan in the bathtub when he gets me really wet with his stimming/splashing or when he runs away from me I yell his name hoping that maybe he will stop and come back, I know he can't help it so it takes a lot with him to make me yell.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 14th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Depends on the day, and the child.

My almost 10yr old pushes me until I wanna shoot myself in the foot! lol

I can be a yeller. But like a pp said, only after asking the same thing 10 times before and not getting a reaction.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

October 15th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Does it take much to get you frazzled? I don't think so. People usually comment on how calm I am
Do you have a short fuse? Not usually. Although pregnancy shortens my fuse, as does PMS.
How much can the kids push you before you blow up? Depends
Are you a yeller? I have come to the point where I say to the older two "This is your last warning. Next will be yelling. If you like yelling, I'll yell. If not, get it done" Works with my 11 yo, not always with the 8 yo. I don't yell at the littles though. Maybe once or twice at the 3yo.

October 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
no, you all are not the general public, thats those annoying people I run into everyday that make me wish A&B was legal.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search