My Idiotic Behavior

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Other titles considered - I Hate when my Husband is Right
My Weird Doctor Issues
I Don't Deserve you, Antibiotics

So I posted before that I hadn't felt well and was feeling better. But I will start my story before that.............

Three weeks ago Sebastian was sick. Fever, sore throat, cough... your general cold. He felt better within a couple days. Then Esme got it. Then Clara. Then Sapphire. But Sapphire wouldn't stop complaining. I mean the other kids had the same thing but she was miserable. Then her fever just would not go away. So I took her to the doctor after 5 days and although he didn't speak English, what I understood from him was "Big throat, bacteria stuck, drink water" Since I also had the sore throat and fever at that point, I asked him if he could check me too. He said "Drink water" I said "But I think I am sick too, this sore throat really stinks" and he said "Ten days" I said to Sapphire "He doesn't understand me does he?" He smiled.

So I came up with the master plan to take some of her antibiotics and then just say I lost hers so we could basically split the prescription. I really really hate going to the doctors (I was raised that way) so I didn't want to go AGAIN and thought this was the easiest way.

Well, after taking a couple of her pills I felt better, and decided I was just being a big baby taking antibiotics I didn't need and was contributing to things liek superviruses by taking medicine I was prescribed and stopped. Felt ok (that's when I came on here and said I was feeling better) and figured I was right, it was just a virus and it was going away. Then DH gets sick Tued. Fever, sore throat. He says "Jess, it is strep throat" I tell him he is being ridiculous, why would half the family have a cold that went away on its own, and half the family have strep? Makes no sense. He says "It's strep, I want to go to the doctor" I say, "Don't - it's a cold you big baby <<and THIS is when I feel like my mom>> So Wed he goes to work. He is sick, keeps calling and I tell him it will go away. minme went away. And then, I start sweating. My head starts hurting. My throat starts hurting. I tell myself I am being a baby and it is psychosomatic because he is convincing me it is strep. So Wednesday night he finally goes to the doctor and yes, it is strep. That is why Sapphire couldn't stop whining, that is why we felt so bad and that is why I am starting to get sick again. So he manages to get me a script too and now we are feeling better and I apologized like 192837 times now. I know my mom is the one that passed on this whole "Doctors are for sissies" attitude, but seeing as though I can be objective and see that, why can't I stop acting like that? Blech.

So that is what I have been doing this last week. What a wacko.

October 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you guys are feeling better soon-strep sucks, and can be very harmful if not treated soon enough--I hear you though, esp with whiny dh's

Lucky mother to five!

October 15th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I am the same way...I wait to take any of mine to the doctors, 90% of the time it will run it's course and no anti-biotics are really needed.

I have also had those moments that I look back on and go uh-duh that explains it.

Hope everyone starts to feel better and stays better!
October 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh...I feel your pain, I hate being wrong too, lol!

I hope you guys all start feeling well soon!
October 15th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Twice now I have had a daughter come and tell me she is sick, has a sore throat and both times I tell her she will be fine. And then everyone got sick. Everyone had strep. I told her from now on she has to say "I have a sore throat like the time we all got strep". It is bad. I understand. I know how you feel. But you will do something else soon enough to feel bad about so go ahead and forgive yourself for this one.
October 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better soon.

I have friends that made their kid put weight on her leg and then found out 2 days when they finally took her to the dr that she had broken it. Don't be too hard on yourself.
October 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry that you all are sick!! That's no fun. Don't worry - soon enough your dh will do something to prove that you are right and you will be on top again!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 16th, 2010, 04:12 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you all feel better soon.
October 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Doctors are for sissies.....LMBO. j/k

Anyway, hope you are all feeling better soon.
#12 is on the way
October 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you all feel better soon.

I was raised the same way (doc's are for sissies) and I really struggle esp since my Dh was raised with his mom being a bit of a hypochondriac. It's a constant battle in our house.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search