Furniture

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you find that a large family is harder on furniture than smaller families?

Do you have nice new furniture?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Not anymore, my kids are horrible on furniture!
October 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
My kiddos are very tough on furniture too and we buy used or get hand me downs from, my parents or the in laws when they upgrade, someday we wil have nice furniture but it is just not worth the stress right now.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you find that a large family is harder on furniture than smaller families? I would imagine so

Do you have nice new furniture? no, but I am hoping to throw out our old old basement couches in the near future and put our furniture upstairs to downstairs (got a few ripping seam issues, but it's fine for a basement) and buy some new couches for upstairs.
October 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The kids aren't too hard on my furniture yet. I always buy dark leather, and we just bought a new, cheap set in January-I'll buy the expensive set when they're all ten. None of my chairs in the house has cloth on it except the glider in the twins' room, and I hate that gross thing. Can't wait to sell it.
October 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought new furniture 2 years ago. My kids have been hard on it. I'll have to buy more in the next few months. Sucks.

October 16th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some of ours is nice and some of it is showing a lot of wear. I would love a new bedroom set and a new living room set, but I am thinking that we will have to wait a bit longer.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

October 17th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It seems furniture lasts about 4 years max in our house. I replace it as it goes lol. I grew up in a house with one sibling and our furniture lasted my entire childhood! ??? Maybe my parents bought better quality stuff or maybe it was made better back then.
October 17th, 2010, 12:02 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We have one $5 garage sale couch in the family room and no furniture in our living room (have't been able to afford it since we moved in). Yes, they are VERY hard on furiniture. My kids bent a steel bed frame....don't ask me how.
#12 is on the way
October 17th, 2010, 11:21 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^ UM - I would guess jumping on it! LOL..

Our kids are definately hard on furniture, 4 boys & 1 girl, what do you think?? LOL, and yes even the 4 month old has already put his stains on the couch... And you don't even want to see the couch thats in the playroom.

All our furniture is either hand me downs or garage sale stuff, we will get new when the kids move out..

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

October 18th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought a new living room sofa and love seat last year, a new dining table and chairs and garage sale end tables and coffee tables.

So far it is all holding up pretty well even with all the accidents and jumping. I LOVE my granite veneer table. It takes a beating really well. We really needed new stuff (heck any stuff LOL) so no regrets.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 24th, 2010, 04:57 PM
escowood84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to escowood84
our sectional was bought in 2005 it was a light tan it has a few spots but not to bad for 6 kids and we are going to replace it this year along with our dinning table but instead of having a formal living room we use it for a large play room so they do all the jumping, coloring and playing in there and our grate room for family movies and gautherings

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search