What is wrong with you

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2010, 03:23 PM
proudmommato4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That has been what a lot of people have said to DH and I after we told them we were pregnant. Then they said So who will be getting "fixed" after this? Or my favorite this was an accident right! What is wrong with people?!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR FOUR ANGELS IN HEAVEN!

October 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
tell them that your children are loved and their opinion doesn't really matter. that should shut them up
October 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant with my 5th (who we were quite certain of being our last) we started telling people that we'd always kinda thought we would have 8, so really we were only just past halfway. We really had no intention of having that many, but I just started telling stuff that was far out, since everyone seemed to have something to say about it.

And what's wrong with people is that they really don't think before they say stuff.
October 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And truly, children, and human beings in general, are not really valued in our society. They are a drain, a burden, a thing to be endured. Most people don't see them as gifts, treasures, or precious little packages of images and likeness of God.

So are you pg now? Hoping to be? What? Welcome to the board. You will love us here. We have seen and heard it all by now.
October 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had a couple negative comments as well. I was really annoyed by the whole thing. Sorry they're being so insensitive. Hugs.

October 19th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Sorry people are being crappy, but congrats on your BFP!!!!

October 19th, 2010, 08:30 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
I get this a lot- "You know how that happens, right?" "So are you done?" "How are you going to afford that many?", etc., etc.

or you get the raised eyebrow when you're shopping, at school functions...it's frustrating.

Try not to let it get to you.
October 19th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh hugs....I think all of us have been there done that for sure....I'm there at any gathering I think....the last one and most common is "dont you know what causes that by now" and to that I say "YES but it's SO fun"....I think I embarrassed my mom by saying that last time LOL....but that is kind of my point....if they are going to be crude and rude and say things....then why can't I have a crude reply....

That same person was like ARE YOU CRAZY...and so on....I didn't even know what she was talking about at first....I was like yeah, I am....but about what? LOL...

Grr...people are rude mean and stinky...ignore them and know that we are happy for you...and that as long as you and yours are happy that is ALL that matters in the end!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 19th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinal09 View Post
I get this a lot- "You know how that happens, right?"
I just tell them, "yes, and i like it." and that shuts them up real fast.

when i get pregnant with my next, because there will be a next, i know i'll hear it all from several people. most of my family doesn't like my dh and every kid we add to the family seems to be just one more thing on their list of "things they hate about us." but i don't give a flyin' flip!

and congrats to you and your dh!

October 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
escowood84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to escowood84
I got this every time I was ever prego and I was foolish and had my tubes tied 9 mons ago because 5 was already big and what are you thinking blah, blah, blah now at only 27 I regret getting my tubes tied but I recently found out that one may have not been tied in my lab work I guess they send the pieces they cut off of your tubes to a lab to be tested and turns out my right tube was neg they took scare tissue so either I was born without a tube or they didn't find it or something so instead of having a u/s done to see if it is still there I fig if I am meant to have more kids then it will happen by gods grace they didn't find it so don't let those people bring you down you should have as many kids as you can!!!!
November 1st, 2010, 03:20 AM
Marlz.
I have been getting this alot 2. I think you better get your tubes done after this baby to prevent having anymore... yeh i have been wanting to get my tubes done but i dont need to hear it from people : P
November 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
ForeverMommy81's Avatar TTC our 6th lil love
Send a message via AIM to ForeverMommy81 Send a message via Yahoo to ForeverMommy81
I was at a school function for my oldest (7) and this mom was talking to me all nice and saying how well behaved the kids were, and then 2 seconds later as if I didn't even exist, she said to the mom next to her, "can you imagine having FIVE kids...that is :expletive: ridiculous...some people should get fixed. :-o

Yeah, people are rude....
November 2nd, 2010, 04:55 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never heard people out in public, thank goodness cause I would be livid....I have had alot of older people come up to me and say how blessed we are and how they love to see big families and how they came from a big family, those are the comments I remember!!

I am pregnant with my 6th surprise blessing and I told everyone firsthand, DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING...they do not pay for my kids nor do they watch them...so don't need to hear any comments.
November 2nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get asked all of the time if one of us got "fixed". I just tell them that apparently nothing needs fixing and works perfectly fine considering we have four kids.

The one that gets me - Do you own a TV? I mean seriously what does that really have to do with having kids. NOTHING!!

Oh and I do know what causes it and I enjoy it very much...that shuts them up pretty quickly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search