Family Gift

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2010, 05:12 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you ever received a Family Gift for Christmas? Sometimes I tell family to just get us a family gift and not something individual for each kid. Just wondered what were some ideas you had for a family gift? Some of the things we have received were:

Movie passes
museum family memberships
zoo family memberships
a new game
a new movie
a video game that the family can enjoy
bowling gift certificate

Need some new ideas for this holiday!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 17th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My friend will get us family gifts on the years that money is tight and she has been pretty creative especially considering the age difference I have. They are almost always done gift basket style and one was a movie night theme, 2 movies one for the older group and one for the younger group and it had popcorn, miscellaneous candy, soda a few other little things. One was a smores basket, another was hot cocoa themed. I did one similar that year (complete accident) and I made the hot cocoa from scratch...I have been asked to do that one again. Game night themed ones and I like to do home baked goody baskets.
October 17th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we've never received a family gift, but those are all great ideas
October 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love family gifts because otherwise I feel guilty for having so many kids per gift time. Like if I have #5 I don't want relatives to think "great, another xmas gift to buy".

Most of my family won't do it (yet) but I'm encouraging it.

Last Xmas my parents got the kids a basketball hoop for the yard hoping that it lasts long enough for the little guys to enjoy as they get older. And my aunt got the kids a Wii.

One year another aunt sent a giant penguin cookie jar full of Xmas candy.
October 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Before we started drawing names with cousins we did family gifts, we just don't need all that stuff. It's always been boardgames or movies, which is great.

A magazine subscription is fun too (depending on the age range) but national geographic kids is a good one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search