Choking Hazards?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1) So all you BTDT moms, how do you keep the bigger kids choking hazards away from the little ones?
With Christmas and B-days around the corner I feel like we will end up with some Squinkies, Littlest Pet Shop or Polly Pockets. Those plus a 9 mth old don't mix. This is all new to me since Nathan mouthed until he was 3. We just didn't have choking parts in the house when Ry was a baby.

2) And how many computers do you have? My MIL was trying to tell me that many 6 yr olds are required to have their own laptop for school. Maybe I'm wrong but that seems crazy.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

October 17th, 2010, 02:32 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my girls were little - small toys like Little pet shop, polly pockets, and leggos were not allowed where the baby (or babies) would be playing. Our family room was a baby friendly zone at all times. Choking hazard toys were kept in the playroom only and babies weren't allowed in there.

We have two computers. One is the family computer and the other is my teens laptop. My kids are in 11th, 5th, 2nd, and kindergarten and they have never needed their own computers.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 17th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest just turned 4, my youngest are 16 months adjusted age-we still don't have any chokable toys around-all four kids know to bring me the small pieces and we throw them out. My guys can live without polly pockets and legos for one more year. I find there is just no way to reliably keep them out of babies' reach-I'd rather they go without than to have to take a babe to the OR to get scoped to pull out a barbie shoe.

we have three computers and my kids will not each have one. My 4 year old doesn't even access mine at home now.
October 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The older boys keep the choking hazards in their room up high(unless they're playing with them). Nick(7) and Kiera(5) have a plastic container that they keep small pieces in, and they are only allowed to play with them when the little ones are in bed or gone(they have plenty of time), and if I find their choking hazards on the floor, or some other place it's mine. I've only have to take something from them a couple of times b/c they listen pretty well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search