Where were you when

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 05:13 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you went into labor? Were you home? Already at the hospital?

Tell us about where you were when you noticed you went into labor!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
if we all did each baby there would be novels in this thread! LOL!

My labors tend to be very loooooooooooooooooong and start out very slowly, so I don't really have any exciting stories. I have always gone overdue and usually was just at home or nearby.

With Kya I was in early labor at the hospital and they sent me home at a 3 after a NST. Now most would keep a woman 2 weeks overdue with a ninth baby at 3cm, but I refused their csection attempts, so off I went. I drove home (45 minutes) and refused to sit down. LOL. I ate eggplant parmesan (yes, standing up, pacing my house) then proceeded to go for a nice long walk with the kids to the store. I kept having to slow down, even stop a few times for some good contrax. People were staring at me. I made SO walk for a good hour. Then my mom showed up with a slurpee and a rueben sandwich, so we walked even more. Then I paced my house again for a good 1 1/2 hours before they talked me into going back. I always refuse to believe I am in labor. I got back to the hospital and wasn't talking anymore during contrax, but between them I was cool. They were still very irregular, 5-7 minutes apart. They put me in a room and Kya was born 1/2 hour later. They didn't even have time to get a monitor on me. LOL....just liked I planned it. I only spent 45 minutes total in the hospital before she was born. I don't think they liked it though. They really were pushing that csection.
#12 is on the way
October 24th, 2010, 07:04 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st- I was a week late so I was induced at the hospital
2nd- I was at home the night the dh came home from the field and told me not to go into labor
3rd- Had a induction schedule so dh could be home from Iraq for it, didn't happen got delayed and his grandfather passed. Doc went ahead with induction two days than orginal induction date so i could go to the funeral
4th-I was at home cleaning and my water broke after yelling at kids to stop fighting had to rush to hospital then
5th-I can't remember

October 24th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1st- was an induction so at the hossy
2nd- I was at the hospital for a NST and I started contracting during it. (I had preterm labor and was already a 5) so they told me to walk around for a bit and see if it continued and when they checked me again I was a 6.
3rd- Water broke at home in bed she was born 45 mins later (I had only been at the hospital for about 10 mins)
4th- I went into preterm labor after going trick or treating with my kids. It stopped at 4 cm but I had about 4 times the amount of fluid I was suppose to have so the dr didn't want me going home at 4 cm and risking a cord prolapse if my water did break. so I was induced to complete the labor.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

October 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#4 was the only one that I have went into labor with naturally.

It was my first day of maternity leave and I spent the whole day cleaning. At 8pm we sat down for family night and watched Ant Bully (which happens to have a little boy named Lucas in it...#4 is named Lucas, I thought that was kinda funny) and during the movie I start having pretty consistant contractions. After the movie I showered and went to bed to see if they would stop. They didn't. At 12am I told dh that we should go to the hospital...the rest is history.

Not very exciting, huh?
October 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
#1-Domianos in California, didn't realize that it was my water that broke.

#2-had been in labor for hours, but they felt like Braxton Hicks so I ignored it, until I delivered her at home on the couch, it was 15 minutes from the time contractions set in to her delivery.

#3-4 are not bio...no pain and all the pleasure of being their parents.

#5 induced since #2 was a super fast labor.

#6 stripped and at first sign of contractions went in, she was delivered an hour later.

#7 stripped, water broke (at home)...thought I pee'd myself and barely made it to the hospital.

#8 induced because I was strep b positive and didn't get to the hospital in time with #7, so we were trying to avoid a lengthy stay. Turns out she was not going to come fast, but she did "self" deliver. I had an odd feeling and by the time the contraction was over my room was full of doctors and nurses. When the nurse pulled back the sheet my little Kailyn was just laying there.
October 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was at home with my first 2 and induced with the next 3, so I was in the hospital for those.
October 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at home in bed with my only pg of Nolan-I had a leak for a week, the last time I went in they finally kept me since I lied and said my gdm was out of control induction and emergency c/s resulting in DS1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search