Give us a quick

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
update on your family!! What's been going one with you? Let's have everyone check in and tell us something!!!! Even lurkers - jump on in!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

October 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have our 15th anniversary next week.

#1 is giving me some serious attitude.
#2 is trying to show attitude, but not as good at it yet so it comes of as whiny. I am sure she will get better.
#3 is actually my fave right now.
#4 is doing great with his reading but his crying and whining is killing me.
#5 is doing great with his reading, but his crying and whining is killing me
#6 is precious and completely over the surgery. That was an interesting experience, to be sure.
#7 is walking and wants to talk. But all she can say is "ahh" and "AHHH!"
#8 is measuring good and had a nice heartbeat today. I can't wait to see him and hold him and hope he nurses and not have heartburn anymore and maybe, just maybe, be a little more tolerant of all the stupid going on around here.
October 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are at the time of year in our homeschooling that winter break it looking fantastic! But we are pushing through. Everyone finally seems to be getting healthy. My baby turns one on Monday and my oldest turns 7 on the 13th so we are preparing for birthdays as well. Other than that things are pretty uneventful.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

October 28th, 2010, 03:16 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is not working so much since they cut his hours. I am loving him at home though.

1st is trying hard to earn some money for a school dance. Has attitude on and off.
2cd is having his days of being good and bad. helpful and none helpful. lol
3rd is currently sleeping. I so don't want her to go to school. She is a absolute sweetheart.

October 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello...I have been busy with m/s...yay me..lol

#1 is busy with football
#2 is helping alot with the younger ones
#3 doing a lot of reading for school
#4 is starting to talk in speech therapy
#5 is starting to have a lot of issues with throwing fits
October 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1 is having lots of attitude but I think we've hit a turning point this week with it
#2 got student of the week and month all in the same week!
#3 is a trouble maker all day until she's the only one up at night, then she's a sweetheart
#4 my goodness, this boy is a cry baby! The kid cries for everything and he's getting a nasty little temper
#5 is just over 18 weeks and hopefully doing great

myself - just trying to stay caught up with these kids and get lots of sleep, i am sooo tired all of the time
dh - busy working most of the time. can't wait for the weekend to be here!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
October 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is driving me crazy reminding me that hunting season is here.

I'm actually feeling really good after this pregnancy.. I don't feel like I just had a baby 2 weeks ago!! I've been trying to get ready to have my inlaws here... My MIL and SIL and SIL's 3 kids are getting here tomorrow and staying the weekend. Then MIL and FIL are coming in 2 weeks so FIL can go hunting with DH.

Noah is full of energy and orneryness. But his "pain in the buttness" that he perfected while I was pregnant and too sick to do much is beginning to dwindle now that I'm back at near 100%. His Parent/Teacher conferences were today and I was so so so proud to hear that he's at the top of his preschool class and his teacher said if he went to kindergarten right now he'd be more than ready!

Nicky is also full of "pain in the buttness." He's really testing limits here lately. We are still working on potty training.. he will go pee in the potty, but told me the other day that he wasn't going to poop in the potty at all

Aly is wanting to go potty in the potty. I was brushing my teeth yesterday morning and she walked into the bathroom.. lifted the lid to the toilet.. put the potty seat on it.. and tried to pull her pants and diaper down. Sooo... after this weekend we are going to start working with her to potty train too. It would be SO awesome to only have to buy one set of diapers!!

Savannah is making us fight for every ounce we get her to eat. I've never had a baby that fought eating like she does. And sleeping at night doesn't seem to be her thing either.. hopefully that changes real soon!! Otherwise she is just so precious and LOVES taking baths LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

October 28th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
dh-home now for a 12 day stretch-hauling dirt and gravel to spruce up the yard and prep for a new shed and fix the driveway for next spring. He and I leave on Nov 10th for one week in Mexico!!! MIL will come watch the kids

Nolan-in speech preschool four afternoons a week and loving it! This kid was meant for organized education-he's such a school groupie! I can't believe he's four, what an amazing four years!

Elizabeth-30 months old, working on PTing, slowly. She seems to be outgrowing her terrible two-ness, and has a beautiful personality when she's in control-and she loves being dressed up by mommy

Theodore and Arthur-are 20 months today!! A walked six steps last week, and T walked four steps on Tuesday, they're getting braver and steadier, it won't be long! They love climbing and talking and eating, and going uptown-speech assessed them talking at a 24 month level-pretty good for 17 months adjusted age preemies! They are such a joy! Oh, and they moved into their twin beds five nights ago, and its going great! They are just so proud of themselves in their big boy beds

Mylo-our 6 year old shih tzu-nothing new with him. Gotta buy him a bag of special hypoallergenic dogfood from the vet for $90 before we leave for Mexico-not sure why since he eats whatever the twins throw, including hotdogs and pasta. Better rethink that in the New Year

AFM-I found Season one of Grey's, and am walking the treadmill one episode a day-today I did two episodes and walked a total of four miles!! I wanna be one hot mama by my 20th HS reunion next June! I wanna be a milf, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

October 29th, 2010, 05:52 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone!

I know I haven't really been around in weeks. I come on and read to try to keep updated, but not much time to respond. It has been SO busy around here. This time of year always is. I have back to back birthdays for the kids, tons of parties and activities on the weekends. Field trips, parent/teacher conferences, OB appt, NSTs (midwife wants me to go twice a week), and now my youngest will be starting speech therapy twice a week. I barely remember the start of October...and here we are at the end. I've been preparing more for the arrival of #5, and my diaper shower is next weekend. I am hoping to have all our Christmas shopping bought and wrapped by the end of November (I will be around 37 weeks)...that way I can just sit back and relax (lol..yeah right) while we wait for our little girl to arrive.

October 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MarieJ and I have a common goal, I am going to be in my sisters wedding in June, and also want to be looking my best (I'm already substantially older than everyone else in it).

#1 turned 13 last month, and I let her get her cartiladge pierced in her upper ear. My sister did this when she was 14 and that's when this daughter asked when she could get this done, and I said: oh, 13/grade 8. She was 7 at the time and 13 seemed SO far off, and now that it's here I actually felt like she was too young, but had no valid reason to back out. She loves it, and I tell people it's to compensate for her not liking boys and wearing make-up.

#2 is really struggling with self-image, she has a very big build which she feels very self-conscious about. I was so happy when we found some clothes for her yesterday that she felt really good about.

#3 is turning 10 next week saturday. I cannot believe she'll be double digits!

#4 turns 8 at the end of november, can't really believe that either.

#5 is also having a birthday, she turns 5 on tuesday, sigh, my baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search