what's the big deal on room sharing?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of our friends told us that our other "friend" was commenting on how terrible it was that our kids have to share bedrooms-seriously? I have to share a room, what's the big deal? They have just two kids, a boy and a girl-I think they're just jealous. What a thing to say. Weirdos.
We have to share the van and the truck and the camper, what's wrong with sharing a room when they have their own beds?

Lucky mother to five!

November 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids share rooms.. the 2 boys share and the 2 girls will share once Savannah sleeps through the night and moves out of our room. I don't see what the big deal is.. Growing up I didn't even have a bedroom at all until I was 17.. LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

November 4th, 2010, 03:10 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nothing. I am 37 and I have never had my own room LOL! All my kids share.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids share, it is apart of life. All three of my girls actually want to be in the same room. I am not sure if we ever get a bigger house that they will want to be apart.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

November 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't see the big deal either! The girls have shared a room for about 5 months and I don't think they'd want their own rooms again at this point in time, they love chatting at bed time together!
November 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At our old house, the first five were in one room- 3 girls and 2 boys. Like someone else said, my kids wouldn't want to be split up if somehow a 9 bedroom house fell out of the sky! My dad said that too when we were building our little house "will they each get their own room?" I said "if by 'each' you mean 'sex'!" and even that hasn't held true! People are nuts. It is making this country bad. But you might not live here.
November 4th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Working Momma of 6's Avatar Veteran
My kids share. Maybe one day we'll have a house where everyone can have their own room, but I've yet to see a house that would have 8 bedrooms in our price range

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls: Peyton, Michelle & Natalie
Mommy to 3 ambitious boys: Rhys, Manning & Garren

And mommy to tiny baby boy Kingston Alexander, who was taken from us on November 11 @ 12 days of age. Forever in our hearts & forever a part of our life. We love you & Miss you Kingston!

November 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I have three girls in one room, one boy in the other and people think it is terrible my 11 yo has to share with a 1 yo. My son doesn't like that he has his own room though and always ends up with someone else My kids would be happy if we all shared one bedroom.

November 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dh had huge issues with kids sharing rooms at first, he is one of two kids so they each had their own rooms. Needless to day he has gotten over it

November 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to say, now that my kids are older I do like that they each have their own rooms (just to have that one on one at bedtime and for keeping their stuff organized). That said, the world would not have ended if they had to share a room untill they moved out. I had 3 in one room for years.
November 5th, 2010, 07:51 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids share a room. 2 in each room. The bedrooms are large and they all have their own beds. DH had four kids and at one time lived in a 2 bedroom house. They all had to share one room.

I only had two kids in my family, so we each had our own room most of the time. Occasionally, to save on heating/cooling bills - we shared a room and loved it.

November 5th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing. Sharing is a valuable life skill.

November 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At the moment..Kaeden has his own room and the twins are sharing. BUT Gran Gran is buying the boys bunkbeds for Christmas so once we get them set up.. Kaeden and Wyatt will be sharing. Emerson will have her own room until I decide it's time to move Lydia out of our room. Then she and Emerson will share.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
November 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
My 2 oldest boys share a room. We considered moving Jacob(the oldest) into the nursery and redecorating, once Caleb is old enough for a regular bed, and bunking Isaiah and Caleb together, but Jacob likes sharing a room.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

November 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Nothing is wrong with it, but if you have never had to share a room I could see where the thought of sharing would be "terrible" mine share, there are 8 kids and 3 rooms (outside of mine and hubby).

The older 2 girls share and recently we moved their younger sister in with them. The 2 older boys have a room and the 2 younger boys have a room and the baby is with me. Even though we moved my younger DD in with the older girls she still sleeps in with the 2 "younger" boys(one of the boys is actually her older brother).
November 6th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my kids have always shared rooms, even when we had enough rooms for all the kids to have their own. Now my boys are in one room and my girls at the moment are in another. They are constantly begging to have 'sleep overs' together. Saffi is going to have her own room for a few months but once this baby boy is sleeping through the night, He'll move in with her and they wil share for a few years

November 7th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Regular
as a child i never had to share a room because i was an only child, but having 4 kids my kids do share, right now i have 2 kids in one room and 2 kids in another, when we move into a bigger place next year my daughter (5) will have her own room and the 3 boys will share a room. If we had a big enough place where they could have their own rooms they would all be in the same room, probably the same bed.
November 7th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I know one thing - it makes transitioning into a freshman dorm room much easier.
We've got 8 and I've even converted my first floor office into a room for the oldest two so we wouldn't have to have two rooms with three each.
November 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I grew up sharing a room, sometimes, even with one of my brothers EEK! When I shared with my sister, we even shared a bed. In college, I shared a room with 3 other girls. I then got married and shared a room with my DH. My kids now all share rooms except my ds (because he's the only boy) but he begs all the time to sleep in the girls room. We even have a spare room and no one wants to use it. Growing up, my cousins (12 of them) just had these big 2 rooms that everyone had bunkbeds in. I always wanted to sleep over at their house and stay in their room.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know that everyone said this already but NOTHING is wrong with it. In fact...we have two kid rooms....the two older girls are in one and my son is in the other (Olive is still in our room).....They would prefer to all sleep in one room all the time LOL...Elzie likes to sleep in their room with them (even if it IS pink LOL).....He wants to share with Olive when she moves out of our room....I think it's cute and sweet...and like others said...a valuable life skill....

And...rooms are for sleeping...why does each person need their own room so that they can sleep alone? It's just a bed....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search