Got my labs today, question about stupid nurses (x-posted)

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I hate the nurses at my OB's. I wonder how many other women they have scared out of their minds because their information is incorrect.

For those that don't know, I had a Miscarriage in July at 8wks, then a chemical in October so I decided to have my betas drawn to make sure everything is going smoothly. Well, every time I have called in for my results, the nurses have acted like this pregnancy was doomed. They kept telling me they are too low and that they should be tripling. Everything that I have read says it should double every 48-72hrs. The nurse even told me she thought it was ectopic and I should have an u/s (at 4w2days?). I have been a ball of nerves this whole week.

Well, I called in today to get my HCG from Friday and the first thing she says is "I think we need to see you because something's wrong, it's only 385 and it's not tripling". Thank goodness that I have been worrying enough about this to know that anything over 240 would have doubled. I'm just so mad that they are so misinformed. I declined the offer for another blood draw and just made an appt with the DOCTOR. I'll be 7 weeks by then and should be able to see something. What should I say when I go in? Anything I could print out to show them that they are morons?

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, if you don't like and trust the nurses I'd look for a new office to go to. Remember, you'll end up seeing the nurses every visit. I always loved my nurses, even when the doctor was on my nerves.
November 22nd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Where the heck are they getting that they should triple? I know zero about beta's except what I have learned here at JM and everyone here seems pretty confident that their dr's want the numbers to double. So odd they would put you through this.

Hope your appt w/ the dr. goes much better!
November 22nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
It's just the nurse midwives, who I won't be seeing because I'm high risk. The only other doctor who will see me Is the perinatologist who I saw with my other kids but we've moved since then and I refuse to drive over an hour away. I just am shocked that they are telling people they are going to miscarry when chances are everything Is fine.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search