sensitive topic/?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone weaned their baby early in order to ttc? If you do not feel comfortable posting your response here, would you PM me? As a disclaimer: I am still nursing despite not wanting to even nurse at all, I'm not a "spring chicken" as far as medical age goes, it takes me a long time to get pg then I have an inevitable miscarriage and start the process all over again. My LO is 4mo and I have milk pumped enough to last 2 months. I'm torn over this as I am very anxious to get my cycle back (AF never shows until I'm fully done weaning - even one nursing/day keeps it away...grrr) yet feel guilty for even thinking about weaning him.

Posting this with some trepidation...
November 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't done that on purpose. But one of the benefits of the last one not nursing is that I got pg with #8 a lot sooner, so I understand your thinking. However, I prefer to let nature take it's course and handle all that stuff for me. How old are you? I am 40 and not worried about running out of time yet.
November 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
No need to post with trepidation, it's not like you said you were going to whip a baby, just formula feed

How long is the longest you have nursed? With my 3rd dd I was only about 6 months when I got AF back. Each time is a little different, in my experience at least.

November 23rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't but it doesn't sound like you are really enjoying the process. Do pump only?

I did wean #4 early, not necessarily by choice but because I was working and trying to pump and I just really got brunt out on pumping (I do not like it at all, it feels very unnatural to me making the whole process even more difficult) so I stopped pumping at work and within a couple months I dried up.

Whatever you decide, it's your decision. You won't be neglecting your baby, just choosing that he be formula fed. Moms do that every day.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

November 23rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, this topic just opened up an old wound. I'm the terrible mother who stopped EBF DS1 at 6 months so I could go on Clomid to get him a sibling--its only raw b/c I was on the TTC while BF board on JM, and some other member told me that I was being selfish for considering doing that, she was very judgemental and it left a mark. I left that board that day.
Anyhow, it didn't work and I ended up adopting the twins two years later.

DS1 went on formula at 6 months, and my other three were on formula full time from birth, your baby will be fine, you just have to get around the guilt. Same thing I had to do. Whatever decision you make will be perfect for your family.

Lucky mother to five!

November 23rd, 2010, 09:51 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the responses, ladies. I don't dare post a question like this anywhere else so I appreciate the gentleness of the input here.

Quote:
How old are you? I am 40 and not worried about running out of time yet.
I'm 37.5 but I have just one fallopian tube and other issues which makes getting pg very difficult and staying pg...well, when I finally get a +hpt I wait to miscarry.

Quote:
How long is the longest you have nursed? With my 3rd dd I was only about 6 months when I got AF back. Each time is a little different, in my experience at least.
I've nursed anywhere from 4-8mo and AF never shows up until there is no nursing, period. Very frustrating!
November 24th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've kinda done that but not to actually try to get pregnant. I was tired of b'fing really and AF returned early while I was b'fing. I had b'feed 2 for over a year and then baby before her until I got pregnant again which was 6 or so months and I was tired of it. So one night I offered her a bottle to see how she would do and she took it with no issue, I kept nursing too for a tiny bit but it wasn't long and she was on formula. I conceived a month or 2 later. I did feel a little guilty for putting her on formula just because I was tired of breastfeeding. No one tried to make me feel bad but I did, however there was no reason for it. She was and is as healthy as the others and is a very smart little girl. I took that break with her and with all the ones after, I never felt that way again. I've breastfed them for over a year and been fine with it. I did supplement with one, but he continued to b'feed. Do what works for you. I can think of much worse things a parent can do than formula feed.
November 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Im in that situation now. I have been hoping my cycle would return before now tho. The longest Ive ever gone with no cycle is 8 months. So I def though it would have returned by now.

My DS is 10 months old, so I know its not the same, but I just wanted to say that I have totally considered weaning him early too. Now that its been 10 months and no sign of her, I will finish his year, and hopefully AF comes back ASAP.

We have been hoping that we have a little miracle sneak in, but no luck yet.

I say, do whatever you think is best for YOU and YOUR family

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: