What is the hardest part of going from 4 to 5 kids?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
Background : I have been a part of just mommies since 04 or 05, don't remember what my log in name, or the email I registered so I had to change it. I have 4 kids right now and am barely pregnant with our 5th due Mid July. Ariel (12), Sebastian (11), Paul (5), Bryannah (3).

My husband is very excited about the new one to come...but me...I am more scared. I feel I have gotten used to the 4, and my baby will be 4 next month, so she is past the little baby stage. With my two pairs they were only 17 months apart, each of them, so I was going crazy with two babies in diapers for awhile, our life was crazy for about 1yr when they were babies. Now it seems a little normal my 5 yr old is in Kindergarten, my 3 yr old goes to pre school 2 days a week, and I homeschool my older kids...what is going to happen now
November 23rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are going to have a beautiful baby and go through the stupid adjustment phase and you will be great! They just blend in to the family. Plan to relax after he comes and take a break. You will love him!
November 24th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My 5th was a colicky baby, and by far my most stubborn kid. Had she been a "regular" baby then going from 4 to 5 wouldn't have been all that difficult. My first 4 are fairly close together (in 5 years) and I had an 3 year gap with her, which I found plenty for her but nice for me.

I remember feeling exactly like you did, but it all really does work out.
November 24th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
4 to 5? I dont think i even saw a difference!!

Good luck, you will do just fine

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

November 24th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I went from 4-5 right now my biggest issue would be about vehicles-but we have a plan for that.
I think your LO will fit in just fine
November 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
from 4-5 for me there was only 13 months difference and baby 5 had colic of course at first, but she was such a good baby after that, and baby 4 was kinda a fit thrower so she kinda balanced it out for me....now I am going from 5-6 with almost 4 year difference....eeek...hopefully I can jump right into getting up all through the night, but we will be fine
November 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
I feel much better now, thank you ladies. Someone once told me after three you have already lost control so it doesn't matter how many more you add hahaha
November 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You know, now that I've seen your kids names...I swear I remember you! Anyways, I didn't notice a difference going from 4-5. I think you'll do great.

November 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm due in July too
I don't remember a huge difference from 4 to 5. From 5 to 6 was a breeze though. There was an almost 3yr gap and I wondered how I had managed with the others so close in age.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
November 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Veteran
nothing is different from having 4 or 5 kids..it is just another body to love!! I think we had one more person to put in hand me downs, but that is about it. I think once you break the threshold of 3 kids it just gets better!!
Boys: 12, 8, 6
Homeschooling, frugal, finally not CDing, college student, co-op teacher, open minded, passionate momma who has been married to the love of my life for almost 20 years!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search