Ever feel like...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever feel like you just don't fit in?

I don't know a lot of large families in my area. It's just not that common around here it seems, unless I'm missing something. Sigh...

November 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you-NOBODY I know here has more than two kids, let alone four--we don't get invited to anything, even though I/we handle our kids ourselves. And my friends with one or two are so militant about their weird kid schedules that don't co-incide with mine. Its weird. 98% of my time in a week is spent in house with the kids or doing the preschool run in the van four days a week, I'm really lonely I try to do the free programs at the library or resource centre, but unless they're giving out gold bars, its not really worth it to drag the four out of the house, plus expose them to everybody else's flu bugs-like I wanna be home alone with four sick kids.

Lucky mother to five!

November 26th, 2010, 08:00 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Move a few hours north Marie, pretty much NO one has 2 kids here, it seems the "norm" is 3 kids and 4+ kids really isn't that unusual. Plus, I'm awesome, and you'd get to hang out with me.
November 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember feeling that way when my kids were younger, most of the people that I knew that were having babies the same time were having their youngest, while I was just getting started, and the few that did have big families were very "ungirlfriendy". Also, I was much younger than the others having babies.
We do have a lot of bigger-ish families around here (in my church particularly, it's not like we're a no-birthcontrol denomination, but hardly anyone is done at 2).

I was going to suggest to Marie that she move a few hours south lol. (aren't you quite far up already?)
November 26th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Marie. It can get lonely sometimes(not so much for the kids, but for me). I wish we all lived closer to each other.

November 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry Leah, but I don't think we could afford to live in Mc-Money

Seriously, if I didn't have JM and FB, I'd be loonier than I already am--the gas meter reader showed up this morning, and I got to talk to him!!!

Lucky mother to five!

November 26th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If is is -22C where Marie lives, what is it like where Babydahl is? That is crazy. You would think there would be more people with lots of kids, though, just to keep warm!

I have many friends with many kids, but it seems we don't spend time together like we did when the kids were younger. Some have gone back to work, some are broke, and some of us just sit around at home, I guess. I plan to work on reinvesting in others again after the first of the year.
November 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha it was -40C the other day here!

And Marie, we can't afford it either, hahaha!
November 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
mi5kidzmom's Avatar Veteran
We have a couple of friends with 2 or 3, one family with 4, and they still give us the look of how could you have 5!! Luckily for us our church (LDS) has many many large families, but they are so busy with their own lives we don't spend as much time together as I would like.
Also we are not as strict with some of the rules of the church so sometimes I feel like we are seen as "different". It's okay though, I guess. My hubby is my best friend, and now that my daughter is getting older I can have more conversations with her.
November 27th, 2010, 08:15 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
yep, a large family and we are "interracial"......I'd probably fit in better if I was purple and had two heads.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 27th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Veteran
There are apparently 2 large families in our area, but from what everyone has told me, I am the easy going one who can still smile...so I don't think I want to have anything to do with them. But I might try one day..maybe they just need a friend who can udnerstand. It is hard having a large family..cuz you get negativity from everyone around you, including family.

I have felt a bit like an outcast right from the beginning of motherhood.
I gave birth at 19 and she has Down syndrome. Everyone I met who had kids with DS were much old..usually 20 to 30 years older and it was usually their last baby..not their first! So then we had more children and the "freakish" feeling grew. Now I had 7 years difference between the first 2 kids and the oldest had special needs and I was still young. It just grew from there. I get the "you have a built in babysitter" comment all the time..UM NO!
Everyone I met who had a child with DS was so..for lack of a better word..grumpy. It is like they had the life sucked out of them.
Always an outcast..thats me!
Boys: 12, 8, 6
Homeschooling, frugal, finally not CDing, college student, co-op teacher, open minded, passionate momma who has been married to the love of my life for almost 20 years!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search