the van of our dreams?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We looked at a used 1996 E350 today, gas. It has 140, 000 kilometers, which would average out to 10K per year, which is nothing for up here. Its white, some rust, needs some work, dh is gonna take the inspection papers to his mechanic friend tomorrow at work. Its a van owned by a govt agency, so they had frequent inspections, and frequent maintenance. Its a 15 passenger, not extended. They're asking $3k cdn. The inspection says it needs $3500 of work, but that includes new tires (at least $1K) and things like weather stripping on the doors. The seats are in great shape, just need to get some tether bolts put in the floor. A good interior clean would shine it up good.

It should pull our 30' trailer, though it'll be hard on gas. The plan is to buy that for dh, and get me a newer one, also white, same van just a 2005.

Who's got one, and any problems? What would this cost where you live?

Lucky mother to five!

November 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Veteran
I have an E150, 7 passenger when we bought it..which was fine at the time. It was a 2000 model which we bought in 2005 it was $10K US. Not had a problem at all. I did have to have the spark plugs changed last year...did have to go into the shop for that as the #1 plug is next to impossible to reach and they say it even takes a good shade tree mechanic 12 hours to get them all changed..so I didn't attempt!

I love my van. I want another but 15 passenger, I plan on removing the rear seat to allow room for groceries.

I think it is fantastic..I think you will like it!

forgot to add..mine is a conversion van..not a standard passenger van.
Boys: 12, 8, 6
Homeschooling, frugal, finally not CDing, college student, co-op teacher, open minded, passionate momma who has been married to the love of my life for almost 20 years!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search