Do you put anything

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2010, 03:45 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on your table to protect it from little ones? Tablecloth? Placemats? I am having a hard time finding vinyl placemats so I can just wipe them off - and when I use cloth, I have to launder them after each use. Who has time for that? Do you use anything on your table?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always keep a plastic table cloth on our table

December 8th, 2010, 05:57 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a brand new table about a year ago and looking at it today, it looks like I've owned it for five years or so. I've used a combo of cloth and vinyl tablecloths, but it's seriously always a mess. Even if I use the vinyl, I don't feel like I can get it clean enough. My youngest one put hand sanitizer all over it...seriously discolored it. Soon after I got it, the two middle boys brought in rocks from outside and ran them across the top of the table. Plus nobody (including dh) seems to realize that you can't leave cups on the table or they will warp the wood and leave marks. I'm convinced I will never have nice furniture. Even when they grow up, they will just bring my grandkids over to ruin my table.

December 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just bought a new table last Christmas, its really country style and worn-looking, bought it for that reason. I don't put anything on it to protect it. Its already got green playdough ground into it,lol!

Lucky mother to five!

December 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
it is the worlds oldest table to begin with, it was my grandma and grandpas. It has been through several decades and 25+ kids. I try to keep a vinyl tablecloth on it but the kids are hard on those too.
#12 is on the way

Last edited by UrbanMomma; December 8th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
December 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I go to the fabric department at Walmart and buy the vinyl by the yard. Usually, I just get the clear ones but I've bought the other ones too. Our table is extra long so it's hard to find covers that will fit. The table was used already when I bought it so I'm not too worried about them ruining it. It just makes it easier to wipe stuff off.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a Marble Veneer top on our table. Bought this table specifically cuz we only have the dining table (no eat in kitchen) so I wanted something that wouldn't easily get damaged and wipe up quickly. It has been awesome - playdouh, finger paints you name it. I highly recommend a marble or granite veneer table to anyone with young kids.

I do use vinyl placemats at the coffee table so the kids can eat breakfast and watch cartoons. They are Diego and Dora. Saw them at Kmart and Walmart.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

December 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a plastic cloth backed table cloth on my table.
December 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have an old conference table...it's HUGE! I can't find anything big enough to cover it, but since it's old...i really don't care to cover it.

December 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by #5in2005 View Post
I have a plastic cloth backed table cloth on my table.
i do too! the trick i learned from my mom is that i staple it to the underside of the table and then trim off the excess. i pull it tight enough so it doesn't wrinkle. that way i just wipe up as needed and i don't worry about the table at all. when it gets a little tear, i put a small piece of clear packing tape over it. when it gets ridiculously worn, i cut it off and staple a new one on. they are so cheap to buy that i could do it several times a year if i wanted to be more stylish (rolls eyes...)

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search