Christmas day

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What will you be doing this year on Christmas day?
December 20th, 2010, 04:21 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Staying home and enjoy the kids and their presents. To much gas money to go visit family two days in a row.

December 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christmas day we will open presents and spend time at home until noon, then we will go up to my MIL's for lunch. Then we will come home and do some quick cooking so we can have our Christmas dinner with four young single adults from church who didn't have anywhere else to go

December 20th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
morning-wake up and do treasure hunt from Santa for the kids-open stockings
make french toast and bacon
open presents-mayhem
Turkey dinner at 1pm
Christmas mass at 4pm
We're doing everything on the 24th as dh starts his day stretch the 25th

Lucky mother to five!

December 20th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Spending the day in my jammies

We always do Xmas dinner on Christmas Eve so the actual day is spent opening presents, eating leftovers, and playing with our new toys!
December 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will do typical morning Chaos and then pack up and head to the in-laws for a week. Oh Joy!!
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

December 21st, 2010, 06:47 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OPening presents, nice brunch at home, play with presents, Christmas dinner at my mom's
December 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My sister is taking the kids thursday and friday night. I'll be driving up to her house Christmas morning. We'll eat breakfast there and do some sledding. Then we'll come home and do presents.

December 21st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Opening presents early.. pretty sure the kids will be up by 5am.. then having breakfast and heading out for the 3 hour drive to my grandparents house... staying there for a couple hours.. continuing another 6 hours up to my inlaws where we'll stay for the next 4 days.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

December 21st, 2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We go to church and then have dinner at my mom and dad's.
December 22nd, 2010, 05:13 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We open presents and then family comes over for a brunch. Then we hang out and people come and go all day and then we are hosting dinner but not even sure how many people will be coming.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As of right now, the plan is to stay home and enjoy our little family.

We always have a big Christmas Eve party at my sister's the night before...complete with a visit from Santa. Santa hands out their Christmas PJs.

I told DH that I most likely will not be feeling up for a ton of running around on Christmas day. I will either have a baby or be overdue, so they everyone can come to us.

However..........I may end up in the hospital having a baby during Christmas this year. I really was hoping she would be here by now. I am going to feel rotten about messing up the kid's Christmas. DH and I decided that if I am in the hospital on Christmas, that we will make the kids believe Christmas isn't until the day after I'm discharged. DD obviously knows, but she told me she will help make her brothers believe it....lol. My 6 year old keeps counting down, which is going to make this tough to pass off. I wish they would stop doing a Christmas countdown at school!!!!

December 22nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're going to my mom's Christmas Eve to celebrate with her. Christmas Day I think it is just going to be us! Not sure if my dad will come over sometime. We are cooking here and doing presents.
December 22nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Veteran
We will go to church on Christmas Eve and then drive around looking at all the Christmas lights. Christmas morning I'm sure will start very early. The kids get to look at their pressies form Santa and then after brekkie we'll open the rest of the pressents. We'll then have a Christmas Lunch here with just us and relax and play for the rest of the day.

We might go and have a BBQ with our church family on boxing day or go out in our boat and catch up with friends. We live too far away from our families (other side of the country) to spend Christmas with them but will probably get on skype and see them that way.

Ps: I live in North Western Australia so the temp will probably be very hot. The kids are all getting pool toys so we'll probably be spending most of the time in the pool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search