How was it?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 05:49 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How was your Christmas? Was it a nice day or hectic?

What was your favorite gift?

What do you need to return?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I've been toning down christmas as the kids get older (and want more expensive gifts that are not in the budget). This year my daughter asked for an ipod touch; after I was done laughing, I told her I'd like one too if she can go get a job & buy me one while she's at it.

My oldest was straight cash & stocking stuffers (love love love those lifesavers christmas books)

Gabby (15 yr old) got yet more PJs (she collects them like crazy), jeans, a top, a small make up bag & a small makeup kit that was in muted/natural tones (I hate makeup), plus an alarm clock since I'm tired of hearing "how come no-one woke me up?" every flipping morning for school, and cash (which she spent on a gift card for online gaming today).

Austin (12) got yet more micro-mini cars (he collects them), PJs, club penguin membership card and a puffle (don't ask lol)

Shayne got 2 sets of Halo lego kits, PJs, club penguin membership card & a puffle.

The two youngest also have shared gifts - a student desk, keyboard, mouse, flat screen monitor & computer tower - we already had the tower, just had to buy a low profile wireless card for it. We were using it for a server here at home with Ubuntu on it but we didn't get use out of it as much anymore & reimaged it for the boys instead. We also already had a new keyboard & mouse since it's computer part central around here. The only thing I had to buy was the wireless card ($28) & the monitor (18.5 inch on sale for $77).

We have not heard a peep from their father - he didn't even so much as send them a message via facebook to wish them a merry christmas - he hasn't bothered with them since early June, and has not even paid child support since March - he's approx $8200 in arrears; he's certainly not going to win any father of the year awards.

December 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did everything here, just the six of us on Friday, it was fun, busy, hectic--I overate and suffered from insane heartburn and nausea all night-yay?
Yesterday dh started his 4x12 hour day stretch. Today my sister, bil, niece and her fiance came over for a few hours-long enough to spoil the kids and eat my leftovers, overall a good visit.
I was glum the 24-25th since none of our family came to spend Christmas with us, that's something I need to move past, my six, soon to be seven member family are enough to surround myself with, and I don't need the drama and mind games.
Its def an eye-opener.

Lucky mother to five!

December 27th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It was crazy hectic and messy, just like every other year. I now have Halo ODST Lego men all over my kitchen table. Other then that I think everyone got what they wanted and were very pleased. My MIL spoiled everyone as she does every year, the younger boys got life like flight jackets, they haven't taken them off yet. My 9 year old is in love with all things military so for him it was extra special. It was a good few days, now to find my house again and it will be better .
December 27th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So hectic! We were supposed to go to both my dad's and dh' grandparents on Christmas Eve but ended up only being able to make it to the latter. This resulted in an overly sensitive and emotional pregnant woman because I already don't. Have a very good relationship with my dad and wanted to take the opportunity to spend some time with him. Oh and Izzy got a little too excited, jumped on Emma's face and gave her a black eye for Christmas.

Christmas involved two more family gatherings plus our own. It was great though. Things went much more smoothly and the kids loved all their gifts. Cole got his first BB gun (not my idea) and went on and on about it to my brothers and nephews (all huge hunting/fishing fanatics). It was so cute seeing him bond with them on their level.

Yesterday, dh and I spent 3 hrs taking toys out of their boxes! It should be a crime that they make it so difficult. Then we made sure everything found it's new place and cleaned to house. I'm thankful that Christmas is once a year!
December 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My Christmas was really great this year. We openend our presents on Christmas Eve afternoon and had a movie night (despicable me, it is good). We didn't go overboard with the kids with gifts, but they were all really happy with what they got and it's all been fun stuff.
Christmas we went to church then spend the day at my mom and dad's and had dinner there and yesterday we had Christmas dinner at my inlaws which was also really good this year.
December 28th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a nice Christmas. We stayed home and had a relaxing day. We did Christmas with my mom and brother's family Christmas Eve and my dad came over for a little while Christmas morning. Dh fried a turkey and my oldest dd and I cooked dinner. No certain time we had to do anything and nowhere we had to be. It was soooo nice!
December 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a great Christmas. We had Christmas Eve with my side and Christmas Day here with just the 10 of us. My inlaws were out of town, otherwise we would have been with them. But it was great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search