HELP!! Gestational Diabetes?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2010, 05:58 AM
sexypepsi25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious if any of you ladies had this with any of your pregnancy. Normally I wouldn't ask but I've noticed a diffrence in this pregnancy(I know each one is diffrent) but something just feel off with my body. First off I CAN"T get enough to drink, I'm constantly thirsty and can't seem to quench my thirst. At first I though I was just needing a boost ie kool aide or juice but even that does nothing for me. I'm alway HUNGRY and the same with that I eat and it still like I haven't eaten. I'm not craving anything but liquids. I get horrible shakes and headaches to go along with all this. I know you pee alot in pregnancy but it's getting to the point that I'm peeing 2x as much at night . I know I've got a chance to get due to me having large babies 9lb+ and all but out of 5 kids never got it but this time it is soo diffrent. UGH This kid is kicking my butt compared to his/her siblings my next appt isn't until I'm 16wks.

Any input and advice would be helpful!

December 30th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it with DS1, and its full swing now with this peanut, I'm 8 weeks. Do you have a glucometer, and can you start doing glucs four times a day, do a morning fasting, and do one 2 hours after each of your three meals. Maybe you should go see your family doctor, maybe you have a uti or kidney infection?
December 30th, 2010, 07:55 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with GD but I hope you get some answers.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

December 30th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had GD with my first pregnancy and the only difference I noticed with him compared to my others (who I didn't have GD with) was with Noah I got really shaky and light-headed very frequently...but I was also vomiting from sun up to sun down the whole 9 months soooo... take that for what it's worth LOL Maybe call your OB and tell them your concerns and see if they can get you in for a quick check-up to make sure there isn't anything else going on like a UTI

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

December 30th, 2010, 12:21 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
You can go to the pharmacy and ask them for a bottle of strips to test your urine for glucose and ketones. If you're spilling glucose, you have high blood sugar. If you're spilling ketones, you could be ketonic(which causes the thirsty having to pee symptoms). If you have either one, you really need to be seen right away.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
I had GD with my last two and was glucose intolerant with my second. My symptoms didn't show up until the third trimester but I would get light headed after eating too much (or too little) and the excessive thirst was a biggie too.
December 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I had all the 'classic' symptoms when I had GD while pregnant for my 1st.

I used to complain to my doctor about my severe thirst - always needing liquid, I also complained about the constant need to pee which went long past the 1st trimester, not to mention being so completely run down & tired. Then there were the headaches, dizzies and they yeast infections.. oh boy what fun

I think I was 28 to 32 weeks before they realized they never sent me for a GTT - my result after the 1 hour must have been insane because it was 16.9mmol/L after the 3 hour (304.2mg/L). I was hospitalized for a month with 2 days of 'day passes' to attend the wake & funeral of my ex-husband's grandmother, then back in until the week before my induction date.

Get checked, immediately; mine went to pre-eclampsia and the enjoyment for the bulk of the pregnancy was diminished because my own doctor wouldn't listen to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search