everywhere and nowhere

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's where I am socially speaking.....and new years eve brings out the nowhere. See, because I have kids in a biggerish range, I don't hang out with the people with older kids, cause of my younger kids, and I don't hang out with the ones that can leave their kids at home with a babysitter, because I want to be with my kids. So, in a sense I have a broader social circle, because you do tend to hang out with people with kids somewhat similar ages, and have a group of friends with their youngest the same age as my oldest, and then a group of friends whose oldest is the same age as my youngest.

I am in nowhere land or everywhere land, depending on perspective and situation.

I dont' know what my point is really, I'm just saying, and I am annoyed that my oldest brother told me I was a boring loser for staying home alone on new years (he is in the category of younger kids that go to bed). I hate how he can always make me feel like a loser, I have more fun in life than him (way more) but he's got more money than me (way more) and I certainly do have my priorites straight, but I hate how I let him get to me.

and if this is what it's like to be a boring loser, then I'll take it
January 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad - I am a boring loser too!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have meant to reply to this for a while. I know what you mean about having kids different ages and friends all over, but none tight. I watch the young 20somethings with their 1 or 2 babies and pregnant bellies and know I am not really a part of that. But all my 40something friends kids are over 12 and have no interest in hanging with me and the babies. Thankfully I have 3 or 4 friends who also are my age, but kept on having babies, but we are all so tied up with keeping up with everyone and taking care of everyone, that we don't all get together much. We spent New Years home alone (all 10 of us) which was nice, but I would have liked to do something with some friends, too. But I feel like we are sort of outcasts. Normal people don't want us around!
January 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and i am right there with you both! people in their mid-fifties are not generally raising little ones any more. but i am. so that leaves me either with the waaay younger moms or pretty much alone. fortunately for me, one of my closest IRL friends also is helping raise her g-kids and has custody of the oldest although they all live with her (long story). so i have her to relate to.
January 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I prefer it this way! Every year we get invited to something and turn it down because I'd rather be at home in my pj's with appitizers watching the ball drop than at someone else's house. A couple years ago we went to a big thing (kid-friendly) at the Science Center in Baltimore. It was fun but exhausting. Plus we didn't get home til 2:00am because of all the traffic leaving the city after the fireworks. No thanks.

I can't believe your brother said that to you! If mine said that to me I'd laugh at him because he was here playing scrabble with us that night LOL
January 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually don't mind the staying home aspect, and we love not having to drive home from wherever. I don't like new years anyways, but don't enjoy being called a loser, that totally feeds into insecurity.

I'm over it though, and now I don't feel alone in it either
January 5th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is one of the first years we didn't go out, it was nice. I'm still in the stage of: pick up the 12 year old babysitter, and drive it home at 2am, not fun.

I like being a boring loser

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search