Michael Vick

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In case you don't know about him - he's the quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles. (This is Eagles country around here) He went to jail for having a dog fighting ring and raising dogs to fight. Now he's boo hooing because his kids want a dog and he isn't allowed to get them one.

Do you think he should be allowed to own a dog?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think he should be allowed to own kids, nevermind dogs

Lucky mother to five!

January 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
This is one of those areas that I have mixed emotions. What he did was horrible, it's not something I can wrap my head around where people find it "fun" and acceptable.

However, he has done his time. The ASPCA and other animal groups feel he is rehabilitated and he has been working on their behalf. Is he sincere? I don't know, I think he now has a good enough fear in him that him ever doing something like this again is minimal.

i feel bad that his kids have to be punished for his actions, but I don't know if he should be allowed to have any more dogs for a while. Maybe an animal group will step up and maybe sponsor his family so they can. Kinda like doggy CPS, with home checks.
January 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari626 View Post
In case you don't know about him - he's the quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles. (This is Eagles country around here) He went to jail for having a dog fighting ring and raising dogs to fight. Now he's boo hooing because his kids want a dog and he isn't allowed to get them one.

Do you think he should be allowed to own a dog?

I'm in Eagles country too. His house is 15 or so minutes from where I live.

I don't think he should be allowed to have a dog.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

January 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Veteran
I think its unfair to punish the kids, but I do agree he shouldn't own a dog...
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

January 4th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He can't have a dog. There are worse things in life. The kids will get over it. They can get one when they grow up.

January 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Charlie2Kairi's Avatar Chris' Kitty Cat =^.^=
Send a message via ICQ to Charlie2Kairi Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie2Kairi
Vick should never be allowed to own anything that lives. He's prolly kill it for money. Those ASPCA things, he doesn't actually speak against killing dogs, he says he's wrong because he got caught. I don't talk about this allot, my hubby posts about it all the time on facebook. I used to live in Eagles country and my hubby used to be a huge Eagles fan, but he can't even listen to the sports radio from down there. We moved to Maine a long time ago, happily we can teach James to be a Patriots fan and it will be routing for the hometown team.

A smile suits you best.(CCS)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search